passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cyberpunk 2077 - Phantom Liberty

one-armed dwarf

21 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

If you're feeling on the fence about cyberpunk this relatively short review by Tim Rogers might help

Reveal hidden contents

I've got his Twitch on where he's premiering some of it. The whole thing will be over 10 hours long.  Fucking madman.

• 1 month later...

So this finally downloaded after 3 hours. Everything defaulted to high or ultra. However it’s currently hovering around 50fps and that’s just in the opening bar room with no action at all. So if I want to pump this higher what are things people usually don’t care about?

I did look up 3080 Cyberpunk settings on Google but I found bad articles or 30 minute videos. So any quicker and more to the point advice? 

I also fucked up at one point and had it running at 1 frame per second and I was like what is going on and it’s because I launched it twice without realising lol 

Cyberpunk performance is weird in that not much may be happening in terms of action but the RT might be doing a whole lot. Is this bar scene just after the opening, where you're talking to Jackie. 

Anyway enable gsync. 50fps sounds fine to me with gsync. I played most of this at 50 lol, sometimes dipping into the 40s. Gynsc made it feel fine. Change DLSS to quality, probably

Also googling cyberpunk stuff has a very high noise to signal ratio, cause most people played the terrible version of it. Not the pretty ok version that's on PC.

Yeah, I looked there

image.png

I saw one thing online that said it could be a DSC issue. But I googled this before buying it and saw that the 3080 can do that ok 

I did find this on the monitor menu

FHKKi85WYAcbOMy?format=jpg&name=large

So it says it’s on. I don’t think it is though. Also everywhere it keeps saying 60hz. 

I’m downloading a driver. See what this does 

• 4 weeks later...

The Outer Wilds DLC got scary so that’s going on hold for a while, I’m back on this. Had a couple of sessions and brought my play time to over 50 hours. Let’s see if I can’t finish it before devoting my life to Elden Ring.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's finally coming to PS5 (mid feb, early march)

Btw, I saw this comment on resetera. They downgraded the graphics or something? I had no idea but I've not played it much since its initial launch month

LOD, view distance, and visual effects are hurt so much that now everything pops in your face from a very short distance, it is extremely distracting and annoying, it hurts otherwise superb visuals of the game so so much. absolutely not acceptable on PC, where the game will have way longer life than last gen machines, which aren't really capable of playing this game in all honesty.

I don't care that much they downgraded the lighting and that roads now are way less reflective in the night. it may not look as good as it was but... the original game maybe was too much for current hardware to handle and now at least people are getting better performance, but LOD and very short view distance are not something you can overlook.

At least I'm using a mod to solve the issue on PC but I do really hope they improve it in the future (and even with the mod there are still short distance lighting issues like shadows being cast on buildings when you move closer to them).

I’ve been hammering this on Steam. 70 hours in now. V is level 30 and I’ve reached the max street cred level. I’ve completed a lot of the side character’s story arcs. This is a game that just keeps on giving the more you play. 

Ditto, not touched it yet as wouldnt run on my PC, Had muted expectations at launch anyway, so now after the constant bad press, Im hoping there is very little way to be disapointed, if anything hoping it will be more a case of being plesantly surprised.

80 hours now. The point of no return is clearly pointed out to you so there’s no need to worry about that. I’ve been completing sidequests, many of which run multiple quests and are mini-games in themselves. I’ll do a detailed post on my thoughts about the game when I’m done but one thing that stands out is the generosity of content in the game and the depth of the world-building, including things like sidequests you complete being discussed on the news.

Over 90 hours now, I’m cleaning up side missions. One more point in Intelligence and I can unlock the perk to craft Legendary items. I have the perk that allows me to upgrade the rank of my item components, and since I have a gazillion of the lower grade ones I can essentially craft Legendary items to my heart’s content. That’s my main goal. I’ll definitely go ahead and finish the game this week.

Maf said he thought the graphics were bad in this but he's nuts IMO, or that 3080 is actually a 750

E75gUNj.png

@mfnick

L8dLz7E.png

Apparently they added a bunch of new stuff to the game also. I will give it another go, to see if I can eat crow 16 months after the fact. The game did make a good impression in the first couple hours (after the slow opening)

Here are system changes, put in spoiler because the pictures are big but not spoilers

Spoiler

hcx2P3E.jpg

HJhJjkT.jpg

SMiD87P.jpg

4OuUu3r.jpg

Earning more eddies a big one, as it made progressing stats and cyberware really annoying with how limited it was in the OG

Did I say the game looked bad? Underwhelmed and not very impressed by it. Really put off by the art style. Don't remember saying the game looked bad, though. 

I went in with very high expectations and it didn't match those, that's for sure 

• one-armed dwarf changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Phantom Liberty