passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Genshin Impact

mmmark

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is one of the most popular and respected titles in the industry, and one which our staff hold in high regard. In a post that our team circulated to players last year, we mentioned that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was one of our inspirations for creating Genshin Impact as an open-world action RPG. That said, it is important to note that once you actually pick up the game, you will find the experience of Genshin Impact to be very different from that of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

@radiofloyd mentioned this in feb. It’s not a copy it’s a homage! I laughed when I watched that trailer. I wonder if they just tried to make it look like botw to get people on board and regret it now. But I mean, fucking hell. 

• mmmark changed the title to Genshin Impact

I tried to play some of this today and I keep accidentally pressing buttons that take me to a screen looking for card details, or the game pops up a mandatory tutorial asking you to buy shit then tells you that you don't have enough and should pay some money. I don't care how good the game might be I ain't playing something that tries to trick me like that.

I put some time into it yesterday.  I'll probably start a thread after I've figured some stuff out about it.  But it's weirdly not what I expected considering its obvious inspiration.  I dunno what I was expecting though, tbh

@one-armed dwarf you probably did have enough currency to get something because the beginning does throw a lot at you but you have to claim it all manually and it's hidden in like three different menus.  That part of the game is an absolute mess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...