passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Hades

HandsomeDead

Now that I’ve learnt his patterns I’m finding hes not that bad really but still a cheap and shit tactic. 

The more I play it the more I think from Elysium onwards it starts to take a real nose dive in quality IMO. Just don’t find those areas fun to go through at all, the enemies are more annoying than interesting. Styx is just a typical filler area there to pad it out a bit. 

Its a very strange game for me, I’m not really enjoying it but I’m addicted to it still. 

I think it plays extremely well, it's why I stuck with it. I'd give it a 10/10 for visuals and the actual act of hitting things, I would also give the last boss a 10/10. It's really good sans the bullshit feeling that having to start again brings, especially the 3 health bar extreme measures version

But it is like 3 and a half areas of content, the half area being a bunch of spamming poison rats that ask you 'did you bring a lot of big status effect inflicting AOEs with you, we hope that you did'

5 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

plays extremely well

I think that’s it. It does actually feel good for the most part. I do wish certain attacks had more impact, & the way armoured enemies don’t respond at all sucks from a feel point of view even if I understand why from a gameplay perspective. But It’s slick and responsive & it has a good dash/dodge which counts for a lot. 

Im finding now games don’t load at all really I’m far more willing to keep ploughing time into them too. There’s not that usual loading break where I’d stop playing, it just keeps going if you let it. So I end up just switching my brain off and playing it for ages. 

I don’t like Styx at all. From poison spitting satyrs, to those bloody poison rats. I’ve had entire runs go out the window due to bad rooms in that area.
Sure, you can cure poison. But good luck doing that when you’re either getting bombarded with attacks, or poison covers the curing fountain.

I can manage up to Styx no problem. Once I reach there, all bets are off.

I gave this a go last week, putting in around 1-2 hours.

Just booting it up you can see it is an incredibly stylish game, the cel shaded art style is an amazing sight to behold and on a 4K screen it looks absolutely incredible in motion with such a great attention to detail. It seems incredibly well polished too and runs superbly well.

The combat is very satisfying and addictive whilst also being incredibly varied thanks to the multitude of weapons, buffs, upgrades and moves at your disposal. I was having a whale of a time just with the starting weapon you get but after unlocking my first 'proper' weapon with some keys I picked up I soon realised how complex the combat system is, I also like how experimental it is.

The Protagonist (Zagreus?) immediately seemed super interesting too, cool, confident and almost Dante in DmC-esque in style and flair. All the characters that you encounter at the Hub where you wake up in (not sure of the name) all have unique interesting personalities with a disingenuous streak which I expect they'll reveal more of as you go back to the hub time and time again.

So I can definitely see why people like it, but unfortunately after those 2 hours I probably won't be returning to it. Going out of the hub and into the same battle rooms, fighting similar enemies and then going through random maze like doors until you eventually die and then doing it all over again just wasn't grabbing me despite how addictive the combat is. 

I may go back to it at some point and am very glad I tried it thanks to GP but I don't think it's for me unfortunately. 

Pics:

Spoiler

3AFF2C39-132F-4099-B07D-AE6A85FDACF3.png7257CFD4-5730-4A3F-BCAB-6F9A084A4AA6.png

F399C96D-80D4-44C5-AD75-D0DFC3636737.png

76079A44-8AE8-4BD7-8C8E-F2CA22D6A60C.png

AB9836A1-A3F9-4B41-A641-B11104531D1B.png

• 4 weeks later...

Escaped 34 times now, managed 71% of the trophies.

Managed an Extreme Measures 4 run, which was challenging but not that bad with my gauntlet build.

Reckon I’ll have a crack at the Platinum, as most of the remaining trophies are time consuming, as opposed to being difficult.

Managed the Epilogue, so now I’m only a handful of trophies away from the Platinum. I’ve got to do the “reunited by death” prophecy, which will also get the “unlock all companions” trophy. I’ve one more master hidden form to get (adamant rail), the “get 30% from having the butterfly add on” equipped and not getting hit for like 20 rooms.

Then just the “get all add-ons to 3 stars”, which will take bloody ages. And that’ll be it for the Platinum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...