passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

God of War: Ragnarök

DisturbedSwan

7 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

Has this been confirmed to not being cross-gen?

Nothing confirmed one way or another yet. I really hope it's not cross-gen

Bit misleading that quote @mmmark, it just means they'll support the PS4 and still keep producing it for the next 3-4 years, like they did the PS3 after the PS4 was out and the PS2 after the PS3 was out. 

It’s not misleading. It’s what you’ve just said plus part of the reasoning of the this and next gen releases is to continue to support PS4.

As a business that cares about money first and foremost and how to make as much as possible it wouldn’t make sense for them to ignore the 100m PS4s and release only on few PS5s. Specially with the supposedly rising cost of making games (although I don’t buy into this particularly but I’d be happy for someone to lay out the reasons for it to me).

Crazy of me hoping it comes to PS4 so I could play it.  Gamers being anti poor folk again.

As for the cost those in the industry do say games have remained at the same price for ages while inflation and general, cost of development has gone up due to team size.  Could be nonsense but tbh I think it tracks.  That's the reason they say they need other revenues of income or sell 10 million copies to get money back, but I think they should maybe just calm down with cost they sink into development.

But then apparently people want the focus on new technology at the expense of everything else so no wonder the industry is the way it is.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

They have said this is the finale of the Norse arc, or whatever you want to call it. That makes me more interested, I was a bit bothered that this was the awkward mid step of a trilogy (cause everything has to be a trilogy of course) and it was just biding time for the proper next gen finale. But it looks like they've got a way more interesting plan than that if they're already ready to cut loose the Norse stuff, and I think that Norse stuff is just overdone right now anyway. Makes a lot of sense.

Contrary to what I posted in the Forsaken thread I am super hyped for the combat in GoW. GoW2018's combat is bizarrely underrated, it was really active and engaging and more expressive than I expected. Wasn't the weird Dark Souls thing it looked like in previews. Some stuff could be improved, maybe more interesting mechanical difficulty outside of the Valkryie fights. Maybe cut down on how many cooldowns there are, cooldowns kind of suck in combat driven games. Make the chains feel less gimmicky, which that trailer shows an improvement in. Handsomedead has an excellent video on here of him clobbering those Valkryie's which is a good lesson in how much more interesting GoW2018's fighting is over the (IMO) sucky original trilogy

17 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

They have said this is the finale of the Norse arc, or whatever you want to call it. That makes me more interested, I was a bit bothered that this was the awkward mid step of a trilogy (cause everything has to be a trilogy of course) and it was just biding time for the proper next gen finale. But it looks like they've got a way more interesting plan than that if they're already ready to cut loose the Norse stuff, and I think that Norse stuff is just overdone right now anyway. Makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, I raised on eyebrow when the Director said that in the post-show. I wanted another game set in the Norse world and just assumed it would be a trilogy but I guess they don't have too many ideas where to take things after Ragnarok and are wrapping it up. 

51 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

I mean you can't really take something anywhere after Ragnarok. That'd be like making a prequel to the Big Bang.

There is a prequel to Big Bang....lol

But yeah, I just thought Ragnarok was just a marketing thing as thimblwinter (or however its spelt) was a bit of a mouthful.

I think games go for the trilogy structure way too much, and a lot of them don't do a good job at it either

Anyway it's more interesting to me to see them take the characters into different mythos

god-of-war-symbols.jpg?w=700&ssl=1

Look at that shit in the bottom right,

Derived from the Greek word "Triskeles" meaning "three legs", the Triskele or Triple Spiral is a complex ancient Celtic symbol. Often referred to by many as a Triskelion, its earliest creation dates back to the Neolithic era, as it can be seen at the entrance of Newgrange, Ireland. The Triskele gained popularity in its use within the Celtic culture from 500BC onwards. This archaic symbol is one of the most convoluted to decipher as symbolists believe it is reflective of many areas of culture from the time.