passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy XVI

one-armed dwarf

Will add trailer when it pops up

lRCRRxT.png

What did people think of this? The rumours seem right. Division 3 is led by Yoshi P, the FFXIV guy

Visually I thought it looked really underwhelming, like it was FFXV part 2 or something. Not sure about the combat either, looked spammy like XV

But these guys get the pass from me if they are the same team who did Heavensward

People seem to think Soken is doing the music, also FFXIV guy. See the game music threads where all my posts are of his shit lol

Like @Nag said I was surprised by how “westernised” it was. Especially the VO. Didn’t sound anime at all. Which might actually be a good thing for me. 

I don’t have very deep thoughts about it but I thought it looked cool. 

Not a fan of the visual style to be honest, when that Morbol jumped at the player in the swamp it looked like a FF x Witcher crossover.

Hard to say anything more about this yet, will probably not be out for another two years anyway. But so far I'm not impressed, I was hoping for something more fantastic, colourful and "next-gen" (character models look really dated) in a new mainline FF.

Because it looked like FFXV, which looked cool in trailers but when you played it was largely automated. In it you just press guard button, attack button, sometimes teleport. Very little player input. But you don't find that out until you play it how little it involves the player in any of it

Having that guy on it kinda indicates that they wont have that problem of little player agency at least, cause both those games are all about giving lots of different combat flavours. Especially Dragon's Dogma.

I’m not going to say this game blew me away or I think it looks amazing or anything. But the fact it has moved away from everything FF10 and after is good for me. I’m not against cartoon and colourful games obviously but those games. They’re just all too flowery for me is the best way I can describe it. Again not saying I think this was the best game of the show, no way. But I’m glad it doesn’t look like it has been looking for a really long while. I welcome this change, and god any change really, from what it was before. 

I think it would be strange at this point for it not to come to PC, but I'm guessing now that this is like FFVII and will have a year exclusivity or whatever.

I've come around a bit on the game knowing the people involved, I mean it's a dream team of ppl who make my favourite games so there's no real reason not to trust the talent here.

Just doesn't look very interesting currently.

39 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

I'm assuming it'll come to PC a few years after PS5, similar to FFXV.

According to this article, six month console exclusive and will come to PC after one year.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-17-ps5-is-a-surefire-hit-but-sonys-broken-promises-are-eroding-trust

Which may or may not be true.

Knew some of those voices sounded familiar

Lots of fun theory-crafting going on that XVI is a 'shard' of the 'source' world of FFXIV, cause XIV is a game about parallel universes where the world split into pieces due to a cataclysmic event.

eg, Shadowbringers takes place on the 'first' shard. There are 14 in total and we've only seen one of them.

U9Kx0fF.png

https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-14-and-final-fantasy-16-full-spoilers.288320/#post-45695936

Guess it's only me excited about that possibility tho lol. But they could do all that without having FFXIV fore-knowledge being a requirement or anything (sort of like Drakengard->Nier)