passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Keyboard and Mouse

Snaggletooth

Yeah, fuck playing racing games, platformers or anything like that with KBaM. 

For strategy games, MOBAs, some FPS' it's great and a necessity for anything Shootery and multiplayer but for most stuff I much preferred using a controller. @Maf don't force it, you don't have to learn KBaM to enjoy your PC, just play with your Xbox controller. 

29 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Honestly I would completely unironically just recommend trying a MMO out or something. Shooters are just asking a lot upfront out of players completely unused to this type of input

Not XIV tho, dont play that one

I also advocate this. Play something that's very slow that has as few keys as possible. Walking sims, Minecraft. Whatever. Play on easy mode, allow yourself wiggle room to pick up new keys.

Outriders is pretty forgiving. I can be fucked up by a boss, look down at the keyboard for the button, press it and look back up and still alive. It's really forgiving. I've only died once. Just got to learn how to find number buttons without looking mostly. 

Just had my first boss battle where I had to go back to controller. The boss was too big and fast and with a lot of adds running around too. It was a big circle arena as well so no where to hold ground or hide or find a gap the boss couldn't fit in too. But it was too hard for KBM. Kept running out of table so couldn't turn around quick enough, kept pressing the wrong number key for a power I had to constantly spam. Going back to the pad. Oh my god. You don't know how comfortable it is and what a difference it makes. It still took a couple of tries because that was a hard boss and ironically I didn't know what the buttons were. But damn that was easier. 

I'll go back to keyboard now to try persevere but man. To me the pad is still so much more sensible. Like you'd have to be a fuckwit to aim for one shoulder button and get the wrong one. Like the layout is so much smarter (Which makes sense because it was built for it)

A thing that you will notice as well the more you play KBaM is that you won't use sights as much. On pad I used to iron sights pretty much everything unless it was on top of me, I did this as well when I switched back and was confused at how hard stuff was to hit, but the truth is you can just shoot from the hip and be accurate from a larger distance that will increase as you get more proficient.

Eventually you'll  only use sights for getting more accuracy for things that are very far away.

I would recommend turning your mouse sensitivity up, but only by a bit at a time, otherwise you won't be able to his shit as the aim flicks across screen at the slightest touch.

On 29/01/2022 at 12:23, Maf said:

I'll go back to keyboard now to try persevere but man. To me the pad is still so much more sensible. Like you'd have to be a fuckwit to aim for one shoulder button and get the wrong one. Like the layout is so much smarter (Which makes sense because it was built for it)

I honestly don't see the point, just stick with the controller. For all but a few genres it's the best option. 

Because one of the best parts about having different places to play games is the unique and different experience each system offers. Obviously one of the most different and unique aspects to PC is playing in this different way.

Which for the record I quite like, it's just hard.

I actually don't like playing games on the PC with a controller because I can't stop thinking about what's the point I might as well sit on my sofa and play the Xbox version. When playing with KBM it's nice, like I'm getting something new out of it. Which is what I want from a new system. Otherwise it's just like playing better performing Xbox games. Which on it's own is fine but not different enough.