passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Keyboard and Mouse

Snaggletooth

After a New Wireless Keyboard and Mouse,

Do a bit of PC gaming here and there and bit of office work, Dont particularly want to spend a fortune, dont need fancy glowing Backlight so forth, Just a decent quality Keyboard and Mouse that ideally wont break the bank, most I've looked at online are either pricey or just look wank.

Anybody got any personal recommendations?

• 1 year later...

Well just over a year later and finally picked up a new keyboard, got a Razer Black Widow V3 reduced to £60 at Amazon.

Just over half price seems like quite a bargain.

Getting used the the clacky Green switches (equivilant Cherry Blues) certainly need some O-rings to dampen the sound of the impact on the base particually the space bar has a bit of a hollow metallic ring to it, hopefully they should help a fair bit.

Might need to get some upgraded PBT caps as well.

But in all its a lovely to type on, shame it cant fix bad spelling 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered a cheap £20 keyboard and mouse set off Amazon. Surprise! I have no idea what makes a good keyboard or mouse. But I just bought the one that would get here fastest so I can get it set up and play with the PC 

I guess I should find out what I need to plug a controller in to it that’ll be really important 

Steam just recognises PS4 (and 5 I think?) controllers, but for older titles you'll want a program called DS4Windows, which makes it mimic a 360 controller

or you can just buy an Xbox controller and that will work

also get a USB saturn pad if you're playing fighting games. Aside from that, learn how to use kb&m and you'll be fine

One thing I find is the bluetooth stack the console makers use seems far better than what you get on PC. I've never had much good luck keeping a low latency connection over BT with my controller (but I did on a previous PC)

USB is the way to go, unfortunately. Also steam recognising controllers is a nice feature, epic store doesn't have that fwiw. Quite annoying

27 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I might bump this thread in the middle of whatever shit lockdown we end up in next when I decide to get into custom keyboards. The ones you build yourself. I keep putting it off

I've nearly pulled the trigger on that a few times myself, it's an expensive rabbit hole

33 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Imagine if there was a version of Titanfall 2 that was 270% better than the one you knew

Yea but then I’d have to play on PC which nobody wants to do. 

Joking btw. Just being a twat. I used to play Counter Strike regularly on PC years ago, I’ve completely lost my skills on KB+M now though. 

Theres quite a lot of stuff on custom keyboards on Giantbomb these days thanks to Bakalar. Surprisingly interesting, it’s mental how deep that hole goes. 

I bought a cheap £5 keyboard when I got my PC and very rarely played any games KB&M as it sucks for most games (for me personally). I only use it if I'm playing a point and click adventure game, LoL or something competitive like R6 Siege where I'll get pwned if I don't use it. I taught myself how to use it alright, and got good with it in the end but I never really loved using it. 

Just plug your Xbox controller into your PC via USB and away you go for almost all titles.