passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening

HandsomeDead

I did look for an old thread but it looks like one doesn't exist.  I got it the other night on the Switch since it's the version with the free style switching.  It's a cool idea that's in later DMC games and I thought it may be fun in this game.  In the original you picked a style at the start of a mission.

Basically the styles are Sword Master, Gunslinger, Trickster and Royal Guard.  They all give you different abilities.  The first two are fairly self explanatory while trickster is mostly about dodging and royal guard is a parry system.

I do have a bit of a problem with it.  It's just the way it levels.  In later games you upgrade the styles with red orbs (which give you more moves), the same way as everything else, but here I think it upgrades by how much you use it.  So I'm not getting the freedom I'd like without spending a lot of time in the Bloody Palace with the main goal of using a particular style a lot.

So that's kinda disappointing since I forgot how it worked.  I've forgotten a lot of stuff to be honest.

I was having a hoot at first.  I sunk in four hours in one session, going along quite well which surprised me as going back to Bayonetta kicked my arse.  DMC3 is easier than I remember but then I got to a succubus type lady boss, which I think you get the guitar weapon from but I just can't seem to beat her.  I don't seem to be doing any damage but she wrecks you with some of her attacks.  I call bullshit, I think she's busted.

But I'm sure I did beat her back in the day as I remember messing around with that guitar weapon.  How I did it, I have no idea.

Guitar weapon is weird, it has different inputs to any other weapon in the series

Tbh my memory of that fight (which isn't long ago or anything) is its basically the floor is lava and you have to hit and run the boss. Or something, not my favourite fight

I think bosses give exp for style levelling but I havent played this switch version, or any style switching version of dmc3 which is very shameful of me

I'm near the end, doing the boss rush at the end.

Yeah, I don't get the guitar.  Tried for ages to get a SS grade but I just don't know how to link these moves up effectively.

I've been going back and playing earlier missions for exp for the styles and I'm lvl 3 on Sword Master and Gunslinger and lvl 2 on Royalguard and Trickster.  I've actually been enjoying going back to lvl up Royalguard.  

But the boss rush is weird.  Some have definitely been made easier but others harder.  I think I should be destroying the Cerberus but it just seems to give no shits.