passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Hypnospace Outlaw

radiofloyd

This game is set in the early days of the internet (1999, to be exact, although in a slightly made up alternative reality) where you play as a kind of internet policeman, ensuring the rules of “Hypnospace” are being followed. It’s made by Jay Tholen who also made the point and click game Dropsy.

ss_f6a09e071d6f976278039970c219f78f63c93

ss_016924aa299b663bf6a54f92376720b7163ef

I love it. It’s a sensory assault of colours, sounds and random fonts. The music alone is worth the price of entry, it’s fantastic. The writing is excellent too, and completely believable. 

I played it in mid 2019, I really enjoyed playing around with the 90s style desktop and trawling through all the sites. It's got some excellent writing. I think a bunch of stuff has been added since I played.

I did get a bit stuck a couple of times, I guess I wasn't searching the right things, or I wasn't following the correct leads. Other than that I had a great time with it. 

9 hours into this now, I love it. It has a lot of layers to it, secret apps and secret websites.

One secret has me confused at the moment but I will get to the bottom of it:

Spoiler

One of the users, the Tim guy who created the Tranquility Virus, has a secret page which you can access using the All Seeing Eye. One of the downloads on this page is a list of log in passwords of the users of a secret site called M1nx. But even after all that sleuthing, the passwords don’t work. I will have to keep digging...

Edit: Nevermind, the passwords worked.

11 hours now and I’ve reached what I assume is the final phase of the game. Absolutely excellent game so far.

Finished after 16 hours.

Absolutely loved it, one of my favourite modern indie games and one of my favourite games of this generation for sure. Very thought provoking and surprisingly deep game.

I’m glad to say I didn’t need to use a guide. Every puzzle or secret that I encountered in the game, I was able to solve.

I would give it a very high score. Maybe 9.5/10.