passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Maf

I won my second game!

Eel0qtRWoAEhYjz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I can’t take the pressure lol

This game is very, very good but the nerves and adrenaline runs so high. It’s still very battle royale in that sense, being a platformer makes it more playable and overall funny, though. It’s pure slapstick craziness. I also love razzing people and grabbing them for no reason and making them freak out. 

I like this a lot, this is a lot of fun

EDIT: 3 games, 2 wins, back to back. Holy shit.

Eel4T7mXYAEvMnw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Gotta be some crazy beginners luck lol

EDIT: Unreal, I got a 3rd win a row! But the servers died and didn’t give me my points! Argh I need to stop playing this it’s too much pressure holy hell I’m gettting headache. 3 wins a row what the fuck. I got video of the win fuck the servers

Here is the video of my 3rd win. I didn’t bother trying to trim it so you can see at the start I have a crown and at the end I get a new crown

I don’t care what the servers say I got proof

This is out on Steam for £16 with another £12 worth of DLC already.

It doesn't have crossplay with PS4, it's apparently something they're looking into. I think this will probably need it at some point to maintain a stable player base on PC, as it doesn't have the advantage of being 'free' like the PlayStation version did.

The game isn’t Mario but I wouldn’t call it imprecise. The jump is not very high and the design of the stages is built to take advantage of that, extra when there’s 40 other idiots all scrambling over the top of you, that’s the fun of it, though. Pure, stupid, intense, idiotic, mayhem. My kind of attitude. I like it a lot. 

I felt this was a shitty bit of spin from the devs yesterday

https://www.pcgamer.com/getting-a-bunch-of-negative-user-reviews-is-not-automatically-a-review-bomb/

I liked this from the trailer in the PlayStation video the other month, it looks really fun. But since I don't have the option to get it on PS+, I'll probably hold off to see how it pans out on PC in a few months, and how opinion settles on the amount of content in game vs DLC/micro-transaction store.

So far I have to agree with Shiny. It’s a nice idea in concept. But I’ve been losing repeatedly, and it’s a ballache. The jump is so shite, and I’ve no idea what you’re meant to do at the end of the Whirlygig.

Likewise the seesaws. Sometimes I’d go flying as soon as I jumped, and I’ve no idea why.

Haha. The seesaw shit is a nightmare because when you’re in the back there’s no one to balance it back out. For a game about cartoon jellybeans it’s full of real do or die shit.

Also I would say that this game is not really about winning (Although it’s nice! ) it’s more about just playing it and enjoying the craziness of it

I've got to the final round a few times now but not managed a win.

I've just been enjoying this, most of the games are fun & short enough so it doesn't really matter if you're eliminated.  I'm not a fan of the team games as much, especially the egg one been beaten badly a couple of times on that one.

Overall though I'm having a great time on it.

From the Gamecentral review (7/10):

"To be honest, the jump button isn’t very reliable and it’s not clear whether that’s a mechanical flaw with the controls or just because you’re playing as a giant walking bean and you’re not very steady on your feet."

I feel less of a loser now.

16 minutes ago, shinymcshine said:

From the Gamecentral review (7/10):

"To be honest, the jump button isn’t very reliable and it’s not clear whether that’s a mechanical flaw with the controls or just because you’re playing as a giant walking bean and you’re not very steady on your feet."

I feel less of a loser now.

Yeah I do think they have made it deliberately this way.  It can be a bit annoying, I really notice it on Slime Climb, I haven't managed to finish that one yet.

Played a bit of this last night and this morning before work.

I like it, but I don't think it's got the depth to it that'll keep me coming back to it for very long to be honest.

It's a novel concept and often you feel like a contestant on Takeshi's Castle or something but I'm just not sure it's satisfying enough to keep me coming back time and time again for more. It doesn't help that your chance of winning seems so incredibly slim, if I was coming close to winning matches then it might inspire me to keep trying to get the Crown but as it is I've only got to the final round once and lost out on the big prize. 

As for the controls etc. I think it's just part and parcel of this kind of game that the controls will be a bit loose. It's a silly, fun little game and has controls that suit its aesthetic and design. 

But yeah, I've enjoyed my time with it but within a week or two I probably will of completely dropped it to be honest. A very nice little addition to PS+ though and very glad for the devs that it has been a success so far.

My favourite game is the one with the fake floor tiles. Where everyone is crowded on one tile trying to push someone on to another one to see if it’s fake. And when they go falling it’s funny but when it turns out they’re on a safe one everyone pushes their way on to the tile as well knocking other people off. That game is full of suspense interspersed with brief flashes of “Go, go, go!”