passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

DisturbedSwan

He was also one of the key members behind Suikoden at the time. In itself this is tragic news but the timing is just heartbreaking. So close to the game's release and he'll never see how audiences respond to what is essentially the return of a beloved series he made possible, back then and now.

• 1 month later...

I was really hyped for this game, so I finally played the prequel this week that they put out 2 years ago or something, and it’s such dog shit it’s turned my hype all the way down. I don’t enjoy saying this because of Mary’s post above, but the writing was so bad in the prequel game it’s made me really worried about the quality of the writing in this main game. 

I don’t know if the writers were different between the prequel and this, and no disrespect to the guy who died, but wow. Not only was the gameplay bad, which considering the prequel and main game are different genres not the end of the world (though not encouraging, either). But the writing was so horrible it raises concern for the next game which is a JRPG. 

I thought it was very much standard JRPG fare, nothing to write home about but also nothing to laser-focus on being exceptionally bad IMO. I was actually surprised it also had a healthy dose of humour, which JRPGs usually fail miserably at pulling off. Actually rather enjoyed the prequel for what it was.