passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ghost of Tsushima

bellow

• 3 weeks later...

I finished the main campaign in this earlier and have to say I pretty much loved the game the whole way through... I have no idea why I was so cold on this on the build up to it's release but having finally played through the thing (I bought it last Christmas I believe) a whole lot of crow has been eaten.

It's such a striking game to look at with some of the best use of lighting to set tones I've personally experienced. The game didn't put a foot wrong in performance either.

At the end I decided that

Spoiler

Lord Shimura should live, it really didn't sit well taking his life.

Anyway, Platinum earned and it's off to Iki Island for the expansion which I started right after completion.

17ca00ee58412-screenshotUrl.jpg

17ca00ebc9350-screenshotUrl.jpg

17ca00f157f84-screenshotUrl.jpg

Completed the Iki Island campaign and mopped up the remaining hidden locations earlier, it's a decent sized chunk of dlc focusing on the relationship between Jin and his father. Truth be told it's more of the same and won't change anyone's opinion who didn't like the game... luckily I did.

So off into the sunset (and, I'd guess, inevitable sequel) me and horse ride...

17cc432bde784-screenshotUrl.jpg

17cc43281f992-screenshotUrl.jpg

• 2 years later...

It's been nearly 4 years since that idiot, bellow, started this thread and enthused about the game like a big girl's blouse.

So now I'm doing a replay and intend to tell it as it is. Grabbed a month of ps plus and downloaded the directors cut.

Yeah. It's still bloody brilliant. Hope to be 'Ending suffering,' for at least the whole of February.

I’ve got the PS4 version of this and have been trying to get the PS5 upgrade for this but I can’t for the life of me figure out what I actually need to buy to do so. None of them just say PS5 upgrade and the directors cut says it’s PS4 on mine? Can anyone confirm which it is I need to buy? 

If you want the full upgrade you have to pay, but the PS4 version gets 60fps patch for free.

Unless you want the extra content and 4K, PS4 version is fine.

I played it like that on PS5 and still blown away by the graphics 

10 minutes ago, Maf said:

If you want the full upgrade you have to pay,

Yea I assumed it had an upgrade fee but my issue is I cant figure out what I actually need to buy for the upgrade. None of them seem to be just an upgrade. Surely I don’t need to buy the full game again otherwise fuck that! Don’t mind paying for the upgrade and extra content in the Directors Cut. 

Oh. When I Googled it earlier it said you have to pay 10$ for Director’s Upgrade to PS5c or 30$ upgrade from vanilla version to PS5

I dunno what it looks like in the store. It was only Google earlier that reminded me I didn’t play the PS5 version, I played PS4 on PS5 

3 hours ago, Maf said:

I feel like Ghost of Tsushi is the epitome of graphics over gameplay 

PS5 version especially is STUNNING but god damn it’s like a 2 button game 

Pure nonsense. I've only played a bit but I've already got 3 stances for different enemy types, 2 levels of parry and dodge and 3 range options. Game's a blood soaked ballet, for god's sake.

Plus it's essentially and RPG isn't it, with levelling, upgrading, multi tiered side quests and very rewarding exploration. So even if you keep it on default difficulty and button mash thru, the game is still giving a fine role playing experience.

I don’t remember stances. I remember doing that slash thing at the beginning of each fight and then mashing square on the last guy. 

Ballet 😆 

Tbf I know shit about ballet but I’m sure they do more than 2 moves over and over

The 1 v 1 boss fights were kinda cool, but even then it’s

It is a Ubisoft style game. It just has RPG style systems. It’s still a Ubisoft game

2 hours ago, Metroid66 said:

It's just like a ballet, except it's usually the audience at a ballet praying to have their suffering ended.

Yeah, that’s kind of how I remembered feeling playing this too. Maybe it is like ballet 

I kid. I didn’t hate this game. But I think the graphics are doing all the heavy lifting. 

it’s the opposite problem to Horizon 2. That game was a clusterfuck of mechanics and it was so frustrating to play

This game is just streamlined to the point of counter and strike, counter and strike. And constantly swiping up on the touchpad to follow the wind 

The world is beautiful (although because of the story, gets more grey and less fun with each area unlock)

And the characters are pretty good even though I can’t remember anyone’s name. 

But it’s extremely repetitive in both combat and exploring. It’s like high quality Ubisoft game that you play with 2 buttons