passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ghost of Tsushima

bellow

And that’s the Platinum done. Getting all the collectibles became a bit of a chore towards the end. And you’d never find the 10 hidden alters without a guide, as the game tells you nothing about them, or where they are.

Still, for the majority of the playthrough, this was a lot of fun, for sure.

I wonder how long it took you. There doesn't seem to be a way to see hours spent in the game, but it took me weeks to finish my own (non platinum) playthru. I'm surprised so few around here have taken the plunge on this one. Apparently it's doing quite well in the world beyond the MFg borders.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was up there with best in PS4, myself. Up there with Spidey and God of war.

Yeah, doesn’t seem to be possible to see actual playtime. But with all the numerous collectibles, side quests, and other stuff, it would be at least 45/50 hours I would say.

The combat was really satisfying, especially when you unlock more gear and skills. Definitely going to be up there as one of the best games of 2020.

Enjoying this myself now,  the world just absolutely pulls you in, so scenic, combat feels rewarding also, especially as you level more.

May well go for the Plat myself as seem to be mopping lots of side content as I go, but time will tell.

The only problem I would have with a clock for hours spent playing the game is I would want it to break down how many hours I spent in Photo mode ?

17 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I have also Developed the following game play ritual, I play my flute to the suffering enemy soldier before releasing them from their pain.

This might also have the effect of giving them a nice blue sky to look at before the final curtain closes....

• 2 months later...

New York Times: Sold over 5 million copies

Sony attributes much of its success over the last console generation to the popularity of its exclusive game franchises, including stalwarts like God of War (more than 51 million copies sold) and newcomers like Ghost of Tsushima, with more than five million copies sold since its debut in July.

• 1 month later...

So for people who've played this and me not being sure how it actually plays... I hate Soulsborne style games (I think I'm allowed to say this now) would I get on with this?

I ask because I know I've got some PSN credit coming and I fully expect this to be on sale over Christmas.

12 minutes ago, Nag said:

So for people who've played this and me not being sure how it actually plays... I hate Soulsborne style games (I think I'm allowed to say this now) would I get on with this?

I ask because I know I've got some PSN credit coming and I fully expect this to be on sale over Christmas.

I’ve not played it but it’s definitely not a Soulsborne game. From the outside it seems much more akin to post-Syndicate Assassin’s Creed than anything else for me. 

I found it quite forgiving,difficulty wise. And unlike Souls, there’s difficulty settings. Also, there’s no difficulty related trophies. So you can stick it on Easy and still get the Platinum. 

Hack and slash is pretty much the gist of it. Slash your way through weaker enemies, then plan your attacks for the stronger ones. You eventually unlock 4 different stances,each of which is effective against a specific type.

Honestly, it’s a bloody amazing game. One of the best this year. Definitely deserved GOTY more than Last Of Us 2. Fact

This video sums the combat up pretty well.