passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Comfort viewing

Hendo

I’m not expecting a big response, but what are the TV shows and films you keep watching, despite all the other stuff you haven’t seen that you could watch?

I’m currently re-watching Ashes to Ashes, after I re-watched all of Life On Mars. It’s just a fun fish out of water kind of show that I love.

I also seem to re-watch Shutter Island every couple of weeks. Not sure why, I just like it. It’s also good to watch looking out for the little details you wouldn’t notice the first time. I would elaborate, but y‘ know, spoilers.

I also have a small collection of things I like watching when I’ve had a smoke. Some are educational, some are just weird like The Midnight Gospel on Netflix.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Taskmaster are very re-watchable. I'll watch formulaic crime procedurals over and over when I could be watching other things (Monk, Psych, Elementary, Criminal Minds, Bones etc.) No need to seek those out, they're always on somewhere.

I've watched Straight Story loads of times, it's so still and calming. In recent years I've watched Hunt For The Wilderpeople a few times, and never grow tired of it.

In the last month or so I've watched season 2 of What We Do In The Shadows twice, with a re-watch of the first season and the film in between.

Peep Show for TV. It never fails to cheer me up. LoTR, I re-watch every year on Christmas Eve. An unbroken habit in a decade. I leave all my Xmas wrapping until I get in from work on the Eve. Pop in Fellowship and away I go.

Spaced is probably mine, and LotT extended get a re-watch every year between Christmas and New Year. I don't really re-watch TV shows very often. I have been watching old uploads of Binging With Babish, a YouTube home cook whilst I've been working.