passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

Maf

The argument about them needing more times make littles sense to me, this should have been a five-year project at max. But it's really a lose-lose scenario IMO because if it had come out four years ago and somehow become a massive hit due to Covid, then we would have been stuck with rocksteady making live service games until eternity. I think this game has set them on a path where they can't backtrack from, and most likely not entirely due to choices of their own. 

I also wonder if WB pivots from their stance. I think as of now the plan is that only Monolith's Wonder Woman game isn't live service and everything else will be. But if the next live service game launches with similarly limited success as this, I don't know how their videogame branch is going to survive it to be honest.

It doesn’t matter how much time Rocksteady were hypothetically given. The issues I’ve already gone through earlier, show that this isn’t something you will fix with mere patches, or updates. The Endgame, as it stands right now, is exceptionally boring. They’d need to redo that entirely. And as I mentioned, Anthem was going to do that, until EA pulled the plug. 

The live service bubble has definitely burst. We’re sick of being offered games with very limited, dull content, with the promise of “It’ll get better, later. Maybe”. Road maps promising the Earth, but delivering absolutely nothing. 

But as boring as Avengers was (and the endgame was tedious as fuck), it at least performed better than this has. By that, I mean it was several months down the line, before Square expressed similar “Disappointment”.  Christ, this has barely been out a month, and WB are already saying they’re not happy with it.

Any plans they have for future live service games are probably going to be chucked in the bin. Batman, and the Arkham games are beloved by the fans. And this fell flat on its arse. There is no franchise that can sustain this live service bullshit. It needs to die a death. It’s just unfortunate that Rocksteady are going to be killed off for that.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure about the marketing production pipeline for this stuff, but this trailer for the Joker looks so low-budget/effort that I wonder if it's the first victim of the lack of success has had on upcoming content for this game.

Considering the circumstances it also seems rather optimistic to call this Season 1, and not just 'the Joker Expansion' or something more carefully phrased to avoid hinting at further content.

I’ve watched Angry Joe’s video about the Joker content. And it’s absolutely ridiculous.

They said before launch that Joker would be “free”. Technically, he is. However, you don’t just get immediate access to him. You have to grind through a new progress bar, “Fear”, and get to level 35 of that, to unlock Joker. Doing so means doing the same 3 repetitive missions that you’ve already been doing, for hours and hours and hours. It took Joe and his team about 10 hours to grind enough to unlock Joker.

You can pay to unlock him immediately. That costs £10.

There’s a new Brainiac boss, but instead of being actual new content, it’s a reskin of the Green Lantern boss from the main game. No new content whatsoever.

There’s also no new story content for Joker. There’s one brief cutscene to introduce him. And Harley, who has spent her life obsessed with Joker, and wanted to keep the Titan Infected Joker clones in Arkham City, wants absolutely nothing to do with him. She says “He’s not my type”. And that’s it. There’s apparently almost zero dialogue ingame between Joker or the other characters.

There’s a Battle Pass, with another massive grind. To get to the end of the pass, and unlock everything, takes over 1,000 missions.

It’s absolutely insane. And the story still isn’t finished, as the game tells you that 13 Brainiacs need to be killed, to see the “true ending”. And that’s currently impossible. There’s one Brainiac in the main game. 1 in the Joker DLC.

They still haven’t fixed the awful loot drops, meaning you often get shit weapons that aren’t worth bothering with, even in the Endgame.

There’s no new enemy types at all, meaning you only go up against the same repetitive enemies you’ve killed a thousand times.

Honestly, it’s such a bad, tedious, monotonous game. I sold it after finishing the story. I’ll never go back to it. And to top it all off, the servers are frequently crashing, meaning the few remaining players can’t even get in the game, or get zero progress from

missions played, or can’t connect with their friends.

It’s an absolute disaster. And it’ll be a miracle if Rocksteady survives this.

Does mmmark have anything of actual worth to say, or does he just think it’s appropriate to put sarcastic one sentence responses to absolutely everything I write?

Thank fuck for the block/ignore posts button, is all I’ve got to say.

I may make occasional innocent comedic responses, but to absolutely everything you say? You do know anyone can easily check that right?

I can safely say I’ve never dm anyone calling them a cunt and a wanker. Thanks for that babe. 

Have a nice life.