passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Last of Us Part II

DisturbedSwan

It’s such an extremist view to hear someone say something negative about TLoUP2 and then say, oh, so you think this game is a failure. No one is saying that. Apart from over reactionary idiots on the internet I haven’t heard a single, respectable person say this game is bad or a failure. The game is really good. Having said that, it’s not all candy floss and rainbows. This game isn’t beloved by everyone, some of us just like it but not all of it. 

it is a bit harsh that games that reach for something but miss get criticised more harshly than those that dont, but that's the way of it. You could talk about the ludonarrative dissonance of Mario, but it's not really "that sort of game". Bioshock suffers from it for me, particularly the 3rd game, the closer you get to real life logic and tone the bigger an issue it is when you mess it up

I listened to the GB thing. Abby and Vinny dominate the discussion, which is a shame because I think Brad and Jan have the more interesting things to say. Abby does this on the GOTY discussions too, seems to think every statement is directed to her which means she ends up cutting off their point before they've finished making it

Finally finished it earlier, will have to check my save data but I think I clocked it in around 50 hours, which is insane, even for me ?

Thought it was an absolute masterpiece throughout with a real intelligent adult story about loss, revenge, the cycle of violence, redemption and consequences. But it was just a bit long, but the time I’d got to Day 3-2 I was ready for it to end and there was probably another 5 hours or so after that. The combat was excellent, some of the survival horror moments with the infected were truly incredible but by that point in the story mentioned above I was just a little bored of it, too much of a good thing. So it ultimately ended on a bit of a whimper for me, which is a shame. 

I will say comparing it to U4 and TLOU I don’t think it’s as good. The story was just a bit more unsatisfying - intentionally so I believe - and the game was just a bit too long in the end. 

Still a phenomenal game though and one of this generations finest games. A real gem.

Checked my save data and it took me 52 hours, 30 minutes to clock it ???

I decided to go for the Plat so spent most of my last session using chapter select to go back through and get all the coins, artefacts and cards I missed throughout my playthrough. There weren’t many as I was meticulous ? but it still took a couple hours to get everything. 

After that I’ve moved onto New Game+. I can’t believe how quickly it goes once you’re more or less ignoring everything and just running through the game, I’ve reached mid-way through Ellie Day 2 in just over 4 hours ?, Jackson alone took me 9 hours or so in my previous playthrough! I was collecting all the parts and supplements for the first Day or so so that slowed me down a bit but now I’ve upgraded all I can on Ellie it’s just ploughing through so I can get to the second half of the game to upgrade character 2.

8 minutes ago, bellow said:

I don't understand what 'record' is being claimed here. AC has the record for digital sales in a single month as far as I know. 5 million in march.

This one, I'd guess.

20200725_121056.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...