passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forspoken

DisturbedSwan

This game has really crept up out of nowhere into looking really interesting. Expecting something a bit messy and generic in some areas but all the fighting looks like it's coming together pretty well

I get a real Dragon's Dogma vibe off the magic, which looks really creative. 

Looks like absolute bitrate hell though, with all the particle effects. Would really like if particle effects had their own low->high sliders. Def going to go for PC cause framerate drops in this would be hell so I need to be able to set those graphics lower and I don't trust the performance mods in PS5 for that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DF talk about the demo

I really enjoyed this demo, but technically speaking the image quality is terrible. Seems to be reconstructing the image from a too low base resolution

Aside from that, I feel like maybe only one of 5 people who kinda dug what the game was doing action wise (which I won't get into here, already did in impressions), everywhere else I saw people had a miserable time playing it, even people who were previously excited so it's not purely a reactionary chud thing like some are saying. I wonder how it will end up on release. 

• 1 month later...

Here's some very brief recommended specs for the game, they don't say a lot (what setting are these at?). Caveat emptor 

FmrEMRsWYAMdCXd?format=jpg&name=medium

Seems like all is set to fail for this game unless it absolutely shocks people with its review scores, even then some good word of mouth can come too late to turn a game's fortunes around (see Guardians of the Galaxy). 

I'll share how accurate that 1440p 30fps is for 3070 when I get it, cause I'm going to buy this game even if the reviews are bad. I liked the demo a lot

I was very close to whacking a pre-order down on this last weekend and then figured why bother when Dead Space releases 2 days later... I'm pretty certain this'll drop in price pretty rapidly and when it does I'll probably bite.

30 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Here's some very brief recommended specs for the game, they don't say a lot (what setting are these at?). Caveat emptor 

FmrEMRsWYAMdCXd?format=jpg&name=medium

Seems like all is set to fail for this game unless it absolutely shocks people with its review scores, even then some good word of mouth can come too late to turn a game's fortunes around (see Guardians of the Galaxy). 

I'll share how accurate that 1440p 30fps is for 3070 when I get it, cause I'm going to buy this game even if the reviews are bad. I liked the demo a lot

those specs seem very high. a GTX 1060 not managing 1080p 60fps on the minimum settings sounds like horseshit. But I think the last game I said that about was Calisto Protocol and that was a bit of a mess iirc

I will say that if this game has the same game breaking stutter problems Callisto had (eg, it freezes every time there is a jump scare) then I will be on ps5 instead.

Considering the growth the platform's had over the past couple years the massive regression in port quality on PC has been shocking. I dunno if the pandemic just fucked PC QA or something like that, maybe that is it.

This game looks great in ads. By Sony. You'd think it was an exclusive. Well it is, for 2 long years. That’s quite some time. I hope the devs success and wonder what improvements will have been made after those timed rights. 

https://opencritic.com/game/13945/forspoken/reviews

Reviews are a bit mid, even with the limited code access

Prey 2017 is my current hyperfixation so I'm not as sure about jumping in this week, tho still going to get around to it at some point. But would be nice to see how that PC version runs

edit it appears to not be 'swimming in 7s' but rather drowning in '2s, 5s, and 8s'.

DF talk about PS5, Alex said somewhere else that they don't have PC code