passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forspoken

DisturbedSwan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

the 'key partners' like is weird isn't it. i wonder if they've struck a deal with one of the platforms to move it so it can be an exclusive for January or something? Seems unlikely they'd have been told they need a full 6 months of polish

• 1 month later...

The last few days this game has become one of Twitter's lead characters because of this:

It was such a bad move that it got Joss Whedon trending again because of the style the advert is written in and film Twitter took over dunking on him so despite going viral (in a bad way) it still wasn't entirely about this game.

This game shouldn't be such a hard sell because it looks like it could be pretty cool for what it is in terms of gameplay but everything around it is going horribly.  The premise of a regular person being sucked into a Final Fantasy world should be a fun thing but they are having such a hard time selling it because they're going about it in a way that is so bad.  It's pretty sad to see.

Some of the dunks have been funny tho

I think there is a touch of misogynism in the criticism about this, any game with a female protagonist these days folks seem to go out of their way to criticise something or another. Likewise with Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel to for that matter.

But yeah, it's not great at all and really dorky dialogue, they're going for that playful Teen Peter Parker, Ms. Marvel vibe but it's just coming across as a bit cringey rather than having it's intended effect.

From what I've seen of the gameplay, it doesn't look bad per se, it just doesn't really get me hyped, the lip syncing was bad in some of the older trailers as well.

They've still got a lot of time to rectify all these issues though. I'm just not sure anyone will care the time it comes out.

I mean there could be a touch of misogyny, I hadn't really looked close enough. There is certainly some racism wrt to its lead character, I've seen a lot of that. But exhaustion with this kind of snappy, 'quippy' dialogue seems pretty universal imo

I think Forsaken is just the thing that is triggering this a bit, rather than it being as much about Forsaken in particular

• 2 weeks later...

So let me get this straight, this isn't quite what I would call a Devil May Cry game but it does have a combo rating system, huh, yeah I guess this is a thing that the FFXV designers do now, I bet they will do an calibur max act combo next

https://www.ign.com/articles/forspoken-combos-devil-may-cry-100-spells-number

Mixed feelings watching the video in this link, which I cannot embed. It starts off with some really eye rolling ubisoft/crackdown looking stuff with climbing towers to open the map up for trinkets to get. But it looks like the game runs pretty well now and has some cool magic stuff in it.

edit here's the youtube link. It has that same sense of visually fatiguing noise that FFXV had, but I dunno the game actually has some cool movement and crowd control options in it. Putting it back on the radar now, as long as it doesn't turn out to be this automated messy thing XV was and has a bit of player agency it could be cool

100+ spells to combo with they say, a Dante-esque arsenal that is but let's see