passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil VIllage

DisturbedSwan

I don't really get why REVIII should have issues on PS4. I know I think I posted the rumour about that before. Or maybe it was a rumour about the PS5 version.

BTW is the merchant actually the RE4 merchant, that's pretty fucking cool. Definitely seems very different tho, like a Bloodborne or Demon's Souls character or something. Or maybe Ethan is just really smol

So I watched* that Maiden demo. Wouldn't be surprised if the player character turns out to be an antagonist in the full release, as it certainly looks like

Spoiler

she's getting turned by the vampires towards the end.

*thanks for making it a PS5 exclusive Capcom.

12 hours ago, mmmark said:

Why wouldn’t you bother with the demo @OCH? Unless you genuinely have no interest in it and haven’t since announcement?

To be fair, I have veered away heavily from the FPS over the years. My eyes don't seem to like it and it leaves me with really bad headaches (just as with Wipeout, F-Zero, Hades etc) . It wasn't such a problem with Original Doom, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark. Or something a bit easier on the eyes like Killer 7 or XIII. But ironically as graphics have improved the issue has gotten worse. I don't know what it is exactly about the perspective that does it? But just watching gameplay trailers for this made my eyes sting. 

I tried to power through this thing years ago, buying Resistance:FoM on sale for PS3. Guaranteed headache after every play session.

I just don't want to take the chance anymore. Even if this had been a new IP, as I said back in September, and garnered my interest. I would have still deferred on it, if the perspective had been the same. 

I'll look into that, Ta. With my current set-up, my chair is half a room away from my TV. As yet I have only played Demon's Souls on it. Might need to test out some other games.

When I played Destiny on PS4 I had to sit further away as I felt my eyes were being smothered.  No FOV slider there, but when it came out on the PC I tried and could open the FOV right up. It cures a lot/all of that cringe feeling you get when moving about.

Turning stuff like head bob can stop it as well.

I'm pretty conditioned against it, for the most it doesn't bother me, but that FOV stuff has to be pulled out. Anything under 100 feels disgusting.

Anyway. Resident Evil. I have to say I have fuck all interest in the first person ones. As you were.

Tbh, the FP perspective seems mostly a choice made initially for VR. That's how it was with VII and allegedly according to the dusk rumour it was at least considered during dev for this.

I still have fingers crossed they're delaying a vr announcement for psvr2 but looking less likely now

Anyway RE2 remake is very very good. Worth playing that one, quite slow paced with not a lot of camera movement.

RE VII is amazing and the first person really made it. Probably the only one which is a true horror game and is genuinely scary. What’s with this backlash? Asking them to change it again already seems very premature to me, they’ve only done 1 in FP. Another one is definitely ok with me, maybe even 2 more including this.

I was actually more worried they were going to go back to 3rd person after the remakes. VII is fantastic and I want  definitely want more of that. 

Ive played the Maiden demo now and as a atmospheric show piece it’s great. The basement section, especially in surround sound is creepy as fuck! Wandering around the castle hearing other footsteps, seeing glimpses of another person and the odd bit of dialogue is very off putting too. 

Visually I was a bit disappointed. Which is a shame since it’s advertised as visual demo. It might be my memory but I don’t think it looks that much better than VII. But again I haven’t played that for a couple of years and that looked great anyway. However it does look very sharp and the lighting really is a cut above - especially on wet stone work and the bright-work in the castle. It definitely helped build the immersion and add to the atmosphere. But I wasn’t wowed. It was more a subtle improvement. 

Enjoyed the demo and it’s made me even more excited just having that small taste of it. However, I have avoided all new videos about this game since I knew I wanted it and wanted to go in fresh but I have seen the odd scene pop up since the showcase where it’s outside where there’s loads of enemies about and it looks very action focused. Plus seeing what some of you guys have said about the full trailer. That is worrying me a bit. ?

Played the Maiden demo last night and absolutely loved it.

With the first person perspective I immediately felt way more uncomfortable and on edge than I ever did in REmake 2 and 3, could cut the atmosphere with a knife. 

Graphically it looked a little better than I thought it’d be, it didn’t blow me away initially until I got out of the dungeon area and then wow. The mansion interiors looked amazing with all the light glistening off the ornate golden lined cupboards and walls, then you walk down into the lobby and see that phenomenal glistening Chandelier that’s been in the trailers. 

This definitely seems like a return to form for me after the last two disappointing entries. 

Spoiler

5FB1E389-897A-4AE3-9E24-3C6265E0C87C.jpeg

131D0A46-9949-43A7-979C-4E91888A602E.jpeg

3887385E-5FA7-42F0-AE0B-510FBD452392.jpeg

2530FDCB-5F41-4BA5-AB68-69885DDD16DA.jpeg

yeah, the HDR was on when those screenshots were taken, you need to turn it off before takined captures

I didn't like the demo, but RE7 doesn't do it for me and that's what this is. It's also the exact same structure as the Kitchen demo for RE7.

The main game sounds like it might be more action based, I'm not sure it's for me either way. I couldn't even be arsed to go back and finish 2

edit: just to add, I have found the game too dark. I know that's the point, but it's dark in an unrealistic way where the massive light in the centre of the room still leaves areas completely pitch back

15 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

edit: just to add, I have found the game too dark. I know that's the point, but it's dark in an unrealistic way where the massive light in the centre of the room still leaves areas completely pitch back

Yea I was thinking that too looking at videos. It's weird how the black just pools when there's lots of light sources.

I think ray tracing is ruining games for me a bit cause I never used to notice stuff like that lol. Tho apparently this demo is supposed to have RT, maybe it's implemented weird.

1 hour ago, OCH said:
  Hide contents

Download Game: download resident evil survivor ps1

RESIDENT_EVIL_SURVIVOR_2_PS.JPG

latest?cb=20170103184955

512G45-60aL._AC_SY445_.jpg 81nbU51EoXL._SY445_.jpg

?‍♂️

Haha you know what I mean. Those old shitty light gun type don’t count. I do remember enjoying the survivor games back in the day. Thought it was cool being in full control of movement in a light fun game. Nice little gimmick at the time.