passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Kena: Bridge of Spirits

DisturbedSwan

• 2 months later...

Yeah. Ratchet looks cool but honestly I’ve seen a lot of Ratchet games over the years and the new one looks great but like another one of those. This on the other hand looks great and fresh. The art style goes such a long way. 

I don’t know if the game will be good but visually it is the most appealing out of all the next gen stuff I’ve seen.

I too think this looks more appealing than Ratchet. The most impressive thing about Ratchet are the portal jumps, but in terms of visuals it just looks like a prettier version of the last game. Maybe that's the problem, because PS4 Ratchet was super impressive when it came out.

But I suppose Kena's visuals come at a price ("can be finished in a weekend"). I guess technically a lot of games can since the weekend has 48 hours but I doubt that's what they mean. I hope it has enough depth and substance. And if not, then I hope there's at least zero downtime à la Mirror's Edge.

In any case, it's a very interesting game. One of currently very few that will eventually make me buy a next-gen system.

I get where you're both coming from, I just feel personally the portal jumps in Ratchet were by far and away the most 'next-gen' thing shown so far is all. Not to take anything away from Kena though as it looks absolutely fantastic and I may end up liking it more than Rift Apart (as I wasn't a fan at all of the previous R&C game). But yeah, obviously there's no right/wrong answer here, just people's preferences really, it's all good. 

I really hope this is a launch/launch window title. 

The portal jumps are the most next gen thing in terms of very visible gameplay improvement due to the technology, but in terms of overall look I’m less impressed by another Ratchet game with super shiny floors and more interested in the whole style of what’s going on in Kena.

I guess when I say best looking next gen game I didn’t mean the game taking most advantage of next gen capability. But out of all the games that have been shown off for PS5 so far this one catches my eye the most. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Eyyy didn’t know it was out so soon. I’m really excited by this and Random. I want big budget, impressive looking games that I can complete in 6 hours or something. Give me the shorter concentrated indie game experience with super good looking AAA graphics. 

9 hours ago, Maf said:

Eyyy didn’t know it was out so soon. I’m really excited by this and Random. I want big budget, impressive looking games that I can complete in 6 hours or something. Give me the shorter concentrated indie game experience with super good looking AAA graphics. 

These are my ideal games too. This looks great, still excited for it. 

• 1 month later...