passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

DisturbedSwan

26 minutes ago, Maf said:

If PS5 gets Spider-Man, Demon’s Souls, Returnal and this before Christmas that would be pretty fucking good. 

I do think all of those are launch window aside from Returnal as I’ve not heard anything specific about that. Rumours/insider info do point to the others being launch window. 

It’s just how long that window is, I would put money on all of them aside from Returnal being out before May next year. I think 2 will be before Xmas though, that’s purely my gut reaction (Spidey and Ratchet at a guess), with Demon’s coming end of Feb and Returnal end of April.

I think GT7 will be first half of 2021 at the latest too.

4 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

I think GT7 will be first half of 2021 at the latest too.

just wondered on the reasoning behind this? I mean I’d be happy for it to come out then, but I just associate GT games with massive delays and never coming out on time.

Ratchet is called that because he's a mechanic. We have no way of knowing whether the female character pursues a similar occupation. The name Ratchick is therefore an attempt to de-lombax her via a sexist subtext which implies she can only exist as an offshoot of the dominant male.

Ratchick? Yeah, let's hope they run with that ?

8 hours ago, spatular said:

just wondered on the reasoning behind this? I mean I’d be happy for it to come out then, but I just associate GT games with massive delays and never coming out on time.

Just going by what they've already showed, plus the timing is about right if they've been working away on this throughout the last generation (with GT Sport being a 2nd team/side project). It did look too polished to me to be too far out, but yeah it's just a gut feeling/speculation on my part, nothing concrete at all. I do think there's even an outside chance it's a launch window/launch title but I wouldn't bet on that if I was a betting man lol.

11 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Just going by what they've already showed, plus the timing is about right if they've been working away on this throughout the last generation (with GT Sport being a 2nd team/side project). It did look too polished to me to be too far out, but yeah it's just a gut feeling/speculation on my part, nothing concrete at all. I do think there's even an outside chance it's a launch window/launch title but I wouldn't bet on that if I was a betting man lol.

that's cool, i hope you're right!

A concern I'd have reading interviews is the super cool dimension popping thing is really only limited to these on-rail sections. I don't know if that speaks to a limit of the technique, more likely the scope of having to design a game which actually allowed you to Rick and Morty your way through the universe at will. But still it doesn't sound exactly transformative to this game series if that's the case. 

The whole thing with grabbing yourself across levels is cool but I don't know if that's really using the new technology at all. Kinda makes me not interested cause I could always just watch the on-rails stuff on youtube and get the same experience nearly.

Think we'll have to wait for a really innovative open world game to see what this stuff does, maybe Horizon

16 minutes ago, Maf said:

I think when they swap dimensions that’s them showing off the loading times. 

Yeah pretty much this.

I will also say @one-armed dwarf that actually playing a game no matter if it's on rails is far better than watching it on YT, for me anyway. Those segments are interactive, you aren't just glued to a spot or something. For me they are akin to the cinematic moments in an Uncharted/Tomb Raider type game really, they're set pieces. You still have the trans-dimensionator hook thing you can use at will throughout the level along with some other uses they haven't shown off yet. 

All pretty sounds pretty damn great to me, I didn't like the previous game which is my only cause of consternation with this right now.

Yeah I'm just speaking for myself, I don't like Uncharted games cause it doesn't really feel like I'm playing them half the time, just watching them. Which is why TLOUII is the only one of those type of games I think I enjoyed somewhat, cause there's a lot of options to figure out.

TLOUII felt like you could create your own setpieces sometimes, like between how well it controlled and how dynamic the systems were

Famitsu: 60FPS with Lower Resolution mode confirmed

Translation via Era member Orzkare

I understand. Also, what frame rates and resolutions are supported?

Increasing the beauty of the microphone image reduces the frame rate, which is a difficult balance to achieve in any game. In this game, we've focused on balancing the comfort of the action with beautiful graphics while allowing players to choose between two different resolutions and frame rates. One is a 4K resolution at 30FPS, and the other is a lower resolution at 60FPS. We're planning to offer either of these two options.

Ishitate-I'd like to add that in Ratchet & Clank, starting in the latter half of the PS3 era, we've chosen to ditch the 60FPS of the PS2 era for 30FPS in order to make the graphics more beautiful, and the actual gameplay has been made at 30FPS. This time around, players can choose whether to go the 60FPS route of the PS2 era or the high resolution & 30FPS route of the PS3 and beyond.

2 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Think we'll have to wait for a really innovative open world game to see what this stuff does, maybe Horizon

This might not come at launch but it's still only a launch game, sort of. I don't think we should expect anything coming out this year (or even the next) to take fully advantage of anything these systems have to offer, SSDs included. Here it's more of a "look what's possible" kind of thing, like Killzone or Ryse did in terms of visuals back in 2013.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Nag said:

Before Blakey comes in all angry, no Demon Souls is PS5 only too.?

And Destruction All Stars ?

45 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

First ps5 only game that isn't a remake or full price DLC? :awe:

9D5E57F1-FC7F-4003-A0CD-8861B71C7E18.gif

But no, it was Destruction All Stars (lol)

@Manicm Returnal is PS5 only too (out 30/04)

• 2 months later...

I feel like we're saying that every generation but it really does look indistinguishable from a proper animated CGI movie. Extremely impressive. I'm not even a R&C fan (actually haven't played a single one of these games) but I'd really like to play this at some point.