passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

DisturbedSwan

I'm pretty sure FIFA, COD and the second GTAV re-release will be enough for the system to sell out until 2021, at which point they can start releasing the real games.

Also, I think Astrobot is pre-installed if I heard correctly so that's a launch title by default. More of a tech demo supposedly but still.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Nag said:

I thought the idea for these new consoles was that the games would aim for 4k/60fps as standard.

I think that was a dream more than anything. I remember a month or so back Ubi said AC Valhalla runs at 30FPS minimum on XSX so yeah these performance/graphics options are unfortunately not going to be a thing of the past like we all hoped/expected for many titles. 

30 minutes ago, Nag said:

I thought the idea for these new consoles was that the games would aim for 4k/60fps as standard.

A thing to bear in mind is that consoles always set the floor for what these games are built around. Our current consoles have fairly middling CPUs so are largely GPU limited cause they would not run on consoles if they pushed CPU too hard.

So on the one hand the new consoles should more easily access these higher framerates, it's even a selling feature of the new Xbox (the PS5 does it also, but seems like Xbox are making it more of a marketting statement). But eventually this lifting up of the floor will mean we might have a lot more games designed around these more powerful chips in the new consoles and those CPUs could get occupied with more than just running higher FPS. Maybe we have worlds which are much more dense with immense draw distance, we just saw a demo of such a world recently in Cyberpunk 2077 which was running on some beast PC I'm sure. 

This is the tradeoff that goes unacknowledged too often when talking about 60 on next gen. I do want to see more 60 fps games, and even 120 fps games. But it can't be a standard cause it will restrict the type of tech budget that every developer will get to work with for the next 7 or 8 years or however long this generation goes on for. 30fps is not a bad standard to stick to. A title like RDRII would have been impossible to accomplish this gen if a 60fps standard existed today so you can imagine the types of experiences we might miss out on next gen if everyone stuck their foot down and demanded everything be perfectly smooth. There's a lot more interesting stuff that can be achieved with these new machines and there's always a platform for people who demand the best performance.

I realise this reads like a rant and it's not aimed at anyone here but it comes up a lot I find. There's not really a magic bullet to make 60fps perfectly accessible for everyone. Even on PC you have to make big purchases eventually (sounds like the SSD will be a big one soon).

Anyway Spidey looks neat

I feel like that 60fps thing has to be explained every other month. 

Everyone should play at least one PC game in their life and play around with different resolutions and graphical settings just to see how big of an impact on performance even the tiniest things can have. After that it's pretty self-explanatory on why you can't just promise 60fps@whatever resolution for an entire generation of consoles.

• 3 weeks later...

I do think Insomniac want to avoid the 'coming of age' story that has been told so many times with Peter in the past and similarly with Miles, they want an adult Miles that is in the prime of his powers rather than a teen that's barely getting to grips with them,

Spoiler

you do see a bit of that in Spidey 1 though at the end.