MFGamers

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah i’m excited for this, I remember this getting a 10/10 review from Gamestm and being so pissed I couldn’t play it.

Vaati done a good Vidya on it     

Posted Images

Yep.

I mean play it how you want but even though it’s online it’s still a single player game. Just every now and then they charge a shot of electric through it and it’s like “Oh fuck”. It’s exciting. 

I don't think I've ever being properly invaded in these games other than once in Dark Souls II. DSI has a bunch of NPC invasions which drop stuff with critical lore, don't know if you see them offline

It's also kinda justified by the lore and story, the invasions I mean. There's an entire plot in DS1 about taking revenge on a guy who invaded your world and killed a firekeeper. It's like there is this method of gathering humanity/souls (being a dick) and another method (being helpful) but it's not a binary good/bad decision either cause the narrative choices in those games don't really paint a pretty picture of either side. I mean killing a firekeeper is kinda dickish but maybe the fire should be left go out anyway is what I'm saying

Anyway the consequence of dying in Souls isn't even that bad, you just go back to where you died and get your souls anyway most of the time.

Here we have a classic case of someone that doesn't want the bubble of being good at games being popped. Get online, get banged and finally get better. 

Or be a little warrior telling us how you do this and that without any way to substantiate it because you've not gone toe to toe with the true obstructions in the game.

🤷‍♂️

In my view Souls is a single player RPG. The rest of it, from Invasions and summoning to PvP is just a gimmick. The exciting part for me, is overcoming the challenge presented in the game. If they could have dropped that component in favour of the Broken Archstone being fixed or Oolacile being a part of the base game of DS1, that would have been infinitely preferable.

8 minutes ago, Nag said:

With your intense hatred of online @OCH... you're a MK fan, have you only ever played that locally and against the cpu?

It's not hatred, it is indifference. I've only ever played a fighting game online twice. Once was a Dragonball Z game on the Wii. That was soon abandoned as the lag was atrocious.

The second time was playing MvC3 vanilla at launch. It paired me up against a Japanese player, if memory serves. It wasn't fun. Again, it crashed a lot.

7 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

Here we have a classic case of someone that doesn't want the bubble of being good at games being popped.

I haven't been good at games for a long time. I finish them because I persevere. So it isn't about something as superficial as ego.

5 minutes ago, OCH said:

I haven't been good at games for a long time. I finish them because I persevere. So it isn't about something as superficial as ego.

Sure. I understand. You have no fear of being bodied by a superior player.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Sly Reflex said:

Sure. I understand. You have no fear of being bodied by a superior player.

I couldn't care less. I am not competitive in any way. Bottom line, when it comes to Souls. if they are not part of the story, that person shouldn't be in my game.

But it is part of the story tho lol.

Solaire is a chosen undead from another universe whos' floated into your world to help. That fire keeper murderer guy is a dickhead who invades your world. Both of them are the lore justifications for randomers interrupting or helping you out when you call them, the fabric of time is unstable in Lordan

My view on the Souls games is "anything goes".

If the mechanics are there, use them.

If the only way I will beat the game is by over-levelling or pulling in online folk to help me, then I'll do that because I would rather see as much of the game as I can than never move forward.

It's a large part of the reason that I haven't progressed in Sekiro because you can't really do either of those things and you have to play the game the way it wants you to.

I love the freedom that Souls and BB have - whatever works gets the job done.

13 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Why does it say "not available on other consoles for a limited time" at the end? Huh? It's a Sony IP though?

Yeah. I thought that was weird too🤔

13 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Why does it say "not available on other consoles for a limited time" at the end? Huh? It's a Sony IP though?

It’s worded strangely but it’s probably coming to PS4 too at some point. Co-Developed by Japan Studio so definitely isn’t coming to Xbox.