passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demon's Souls

one-armed dwarf

Console is 399/499€ and games seem to be 80€ which is kind of ridiculous. Usually those drop after a while but I've never seen them start that high, it's always been 70€ these last two generations before they eventually went back to 60€. We'll see I guess.

26 minutes ago, OCH said:

I was just checking my PS5 "pre-order interest" on ShopTo. Which has DeS alongside it. I've not long got in from work, so I haven't caught up with all you guys have been saying yet.

£70?

Christ! We're back to N64 pricing, are we?

Yep, gotta love the next-gen tax, happens every gen.

79.99 Euros @one-armed dwarf

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny he says how it isn't a carbon copy, but I remember all those bosses in all those locations, and it looks as I remember it, although I know the original can't look like that.

As for other consoles, yeah, Sony dropped the ball. I'd be surprised to see it on Xbox, though. More likely a downscaled version on PS4. That install base is just too pretty at this early stage in the generation.

26 minutes ago, bellow said:

As for other consoles, yeah, Sony dropped the ball. I'd be surprised to see it on Xbox, though. More likely a downscaled version on PS4. That install base is just too pretty at this early stage in the generation.

It's a PS5 exclusive.

1 minute ago, one-armed dwarf said:

You'd imagine a bit graphical downgrade might make it achievable but who knows, it is a very pretty game with a lot of tiny details that might just be a lot of hassle to remove.

They need at least one game which is not on PS4 to make their new system at least a little bit attractive

This is a PS5 exclusive.

unknown.png

He's letting this affect him unreasonably. What difference would a lower specced PS4 version make to the one Blakey intends to play? If this were 2022 and they were still cross genning (for want of a better word) I'd see the benefits of his argument.

I really hope it is PS5 exclusive, or Blakey might be looking for the nearest bridge to launch himself off.

I never played the original Demon’s Souls so maybe I’m wrong but doesn’t this remake look polished in a way Souls game’s typically don’t? I don’t just mean the graphics or the effects but the animations on the characters and enemies look much smoother and cleaner than Souls games usually look which is a bit janky.

Maybe it’s just the trailer and the demo are very controlled and when playing it properly it behaves more like I would expect a Souls game too but from the marketing material it looks different to me. 

The environments look more “real” as well. When playing Souls games, except for the first part of Bloodborne, the environments them selves feel gamey and it’s hard to think of the locations as places instead of maps. But in the trailer what they’re showing looks a lot denser and more “realistic” for lack of a better word. 

The thing is I don't think anyone here is anti-Sony as such so yea there's no need to be so hair-trigger about that stuff. It doesn't always need to be risen to and some skepticism about the value proposition of these systems isn't the same as being a fanboy, especially in this horrible economy.

I think tho that a PS4 release would make it senseless to make this game look so pretty. We've already seen how Halo Infinite's lighting had to be sacrificed a bit cause they needed to prioritise the last gen version before they could even start on ray tracing. So I think it would affect things.

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I think tho that a PS4 release would make it senseless to make this game look so pretty.

Maybe I'm missing something here (wouldn't be the first time) but aren't these systems just tweeked PCs? I thought the point was to give the consumer the kind of choice, in terms of gaming experience, that PC gamers have had for years. They'll be mapped out going in, for example, 4k/30fps or 2k/60fps.

These choices are already built in. What real difference would it make to expand them further, to 'lesser' systems.

The only difference I can discern is that you're less likely to have a PC gamer with a £2500 rig actively wishing that a game would come out that his mate next door, with his Currys £500 tower couldn't play at all.

9 minutes ago, bellow said:

Maybe I'm missing something here (wouldn't be the first time) but aren't these systems just tweeked PCs? I thought the point was to give the consumer the kind of choice, in terms of gaming experience, that PC gamers have had for years. They'll be mapped out going in, for example, 4k/30fps or 2k/60fps.

These choices are already built in. What real difference would it make to expand them further, to 'lesser' systems.

The only difference I can discern is that you're less likely to have a PC gamer with a £2500 rig actively wishing that a game would come out that his mate next door, with his Currys £500 tower couldn't play at all.

A lot of the choice in PC gaming tho is to push consoles built games harder than they can be on consoles. We do get some settings to improve visual quality but you would be surprised (or not) by how little these settings set the game apart from console counterparts.

There's exceptions for sure, Witcher III and RDRII look immensely better on PC. Control is clearly a completely different game visually on PC. But most of the time you're looking at marginal improvements imo, usually greater draw distance and shadows or whatever. I cannot tell a single pixel of difference between the graphics of Resident Evil and DMC on consoles versus PC. But they run way way better.

The last time we saw a huge gap between PC and consoles was Crysis, since then PCs have been little more than a way of supercharging your console games as far as I'm concerned. The games themselves are still clearly built around consoles for the most part.

I don't think consoles will ever offer the array of sliders you get on PC, PC has to have that cause everyone has different systems with all sort of different bottlenecks to manage. Like there are settings on Control I can't even turn on cause it causes objects to not load correctly cause of VRAM limits and stuff, so they have to let the user disable things like that to keep the game functional. Consoles are locked down already.