passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demon's Souls

one-armed dwarf

Even on PC 4K 60 isn't there yet, it's not surprising.

Like this card will get you something like 4K 50 frames in AC

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-RTX-2080-GAMING-TRIO/dp/B07GQYQ2YW/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=2080ti&qid=1591997095&s=computers&sr=1-2

Also these consoles are pushing the visual envelope so hard, those Demons screenshots look like concept art. The visuals floor is being lifted up by these new machines so the requirements to run everything is going to creep up too.

6 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Demons needs more cats and significantly less fireball spiders. Would make the game much better.

? I wonder what boss you're upto...

• 2 months later...

Demon's Souls remake could be the thing that makes the launch interesting for me. But I tried to play the original recently and didn't like it at all, I hope the bluepoint effort is ambitious because DS and everything that came after are just much more interesting efforts to me. Even Dark Souls II.

Like once you work out the whole mechanics of how dodge roll iframes work and hitboxes in these games they become pretty easy to break I find and some of the pure challenge goes out. So DeS should build off of the later FROM stuff imo and not just be the same game

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

But I tried to play the original recently and didn't like it at all,

?How long did it take you to beat Armour Spider in the end?

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

So DeS should build off of the later FROM stuff imo and not just be the same game

Yes and no. DeS is better world building IE not repeating the same concept ad nauseum. Better NPC's, level design and overall story. The gameplay itself does need to change though. While the idea of the challenge being in the levels themselves is one of DeS strengths. Two console gens in, they can take it further. The also need to remove the ways to cheese the original. Purely through enhancement of the enemy AI this should sort itself out. DeS was the template for the derivative Souls games that came after. So it shouldn't really model itself on something lesser. Ideally Bluepoint will lean into what makes DeS unique and not just standardise it to fit the mold of the Dark series.

I mean all that sounds reasonable I guess. Mainly I don't like the idea of just making old games look better, if they were doing that then I'd prefer a straight port (somewhat like what I played on emulator).

For remake they shouldn't be afraid to do some stuff. With Shadow of Collosus that was a straight up visual overhaul and kinda made it forgettable

Personally, I see little to no value or merit in remakes at all. Keep moving forward, make new things. Leave the past where it is. The stranglehold of nostalgia over the last few years needs to be cut away.