passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demon's Souls

one-armed dwarf

Took me until the flying Manta to realise what it was. Definitely very impressive but I already played the original and that was enough Souls stuff for a lifetime.

Still, it'll be interesting to read what the hardcore fanbase thinks of this when it comes out.

I never played this one but the remake looks great. Looks like it got the full Shadow of the Colossus Remake treatment. Although it looks a bit more cartoon-y than the original? The below screenshot makes the boss look like it’s lost some of that really cold, hard edged metal high fantasy these games are usually styled in. The design seems a bit softer and more colourful now. Looking good, regardless. 

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

11 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Kind of get Deathwing vibes off that big angry dragon

Never played more than a couple hours of Demon's original. 

Dragon God? Although that looked like a remodelled version of his appearance in the intro, I'm going to assume that infamous boss fight has had some tweaks. Just a hunch

10 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Screens:

To me, that looks like the original [unnamed] tutorial area. Which is a pretty impressive step up visually. Can't wait to see what they've done with Latria.

Yeah that's what I was getting at, same as Maf there's a good bit that's different about the art in the trailer. The dragon kind of has a Blizzard style to it compared to the original CG

But then this is a western take on a japanese game. Those screenshots look really good.

Shame about exclusivity. I havent' made a decision yet about getting a ps5 near launch.

Aside from the ease of some bosses, I prefer Demon's to Dark. The tone, the atmosphere, the level design. I did have a genuine jaw drop moment when I saw that hanging corpse. That said, addressing the elephant in the room whenever talking about DeS, what have they done with World Tendency?

For those unfamiliar with DeS and in light of the trailer clearly showing off a few parts of the intro, updated for the remake. I thought to post this here. Still my favourite out of all the Seki-Soulsborne games.

Sounds like you'll have to choose between visuals or framerate in this.

From Japan Studio and Bluepoint Games comes a remake of the PlayStation classic, Demon’s Souls. In addition to beautiful shadow effects and ray tracing, players can choose between two graphics modes while playing: one focused on fidelity, and one focused on frame rate.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/11/playstation-studios-first-look-at-9-new-ps5-games/

whynotboth.gif