passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sega News

DANGERMAN

• 1 year later...

This seems like a pretty bare bones package. I want to say it’s short on features. Being able to play different characters in games is Ok, mirror mode is Ok, hard missions. I guess.

I would like more details on what anniversary mode is. All I can see is they swapped the lives for ‘coins’. 

But there’s nothing exciting here at all. Even these new cutscene/animation things they’ve come up with don’t look that good. The cartoon intro in Sonic Mania looked cooler than what’s here.

So it all seems pretty boring but at the same time what do you do with another compilation package of Mega Drive games. Short of remaking all of them with a new art style, what is there left to do here.

So it seems boring but I don’t blame anybody for it being boring. What else could it be?

The pre-order stuff is ridiculous. So complicated for shit that isn’t even worth anything. 

Hopefully it comes to Gamepass and then maybe I would play it. But I already own the Sonic games on Xbox so even then maybe not 

On 19/04/2022 at 13:52, DANGERMAN said:

take it with a pinch of salt, and brace for the disappointment of it not being what people actually want when it comes out, but apparently Sega are working on both a new Crazy Taxi, and a new Jet Set Radio

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-19/sega-reboots-crazy-taxi-jet-set-radio-to-chase-fortnite-riches

Don’t get too excited, they want to make them “live service games” similar to Fortnite.

And they could possibly involve NFTs, so I am buying an extra-long barge pole not to touch them with.

According to some comments I saw in the Eurogamer article these versions are actually the mobile versions. Which usually would be bad but these were made by the guy who made Sonic Mania so apparently they’re excellent.

Although to be honest I’m not sure what makes them excellent versions, but that’s the word at least 

• 1 month later...

Sega are doing another Mega Drive Mini, this time based on the Mega Drive 2 but with Mega CD games, they've not confirmed a Western release yet

Silpheed (Mega CD)
Shining Force CD (Mega CD)
Sonic CD (Mega CD)
Mansion of Hidden Souls (Mega CD)
Popful Mail (Mega CD)
Virtua Racing (Mega Drive)
Bonanza Bros (Mega Drive)
Shining in the Darkness (Mega Drive)
Thunder Force IV (Mega Drive)
Magical Taruruto (Mega Drive)
Fantasy Zone (new Mega Drive port)

• 2 months later...

I appreciate that selection of games a lot.  It's weirdo gamer historian stuff.  BUT! It must be difficult when dealing with third parties but why put in Desert Strike over Jungle Strike?  I loved Desert Strike as a kid but Jungle Strike was just seminal to me.

I never knew there was a Mega CD version of Final Fight, I assume it's closer to the arcade version than the SNES one since Hagger is there?

And it has the good Toejam & Earl game 😏

And lastly, as a Treasure fan, I want to get good at Alien Soldier, it is on the Switch Mega Drive collection, and it's an incredibly cool game so I want to get on that.  It's cool it's here too.

I know the last mini console the ports were by M2 are these as well?  I did some quick googling but couldn't confirm.

Some of the RPG's look interesting. Shining Force CD immediately caught my eye. I doubt any of the racers or Fighters still hold up though. But I like that some Mega CD games have made the cut.

• 3 weeks later...