passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Old Man's Journey

DANGERMAN

I don't think there's a thread for this, if there is point it out and I can merge

It's the story of an old man's journey, there's not a lot to it. I'll be upfront straight away, I don't think much of this. The story isn't bad in and of itself, it's reminiscences and regrets, and there's a reasonable pay-off, but it's told very impersonally, you're never engaged with the character at all.

The gameplay is really basic. You have to move the man from one side of the screen to the other but the level is blocked. You need to move the terrain up and down to make it so the old man can cross between the different layers. Eventually it becomes a bit more of a puzzle game, there'll be sheep you have to move, water you have to cross, and the plain switching becomes more complex as you have to take backward steps to move forward.

It's a nice enough looking game, good character mode, but I really can't say I enjoyed it. It just wasn't interesting enough, and doesn't really get any better as you progress. I feel a bit bad for not liking it, but I just thought it was a bit dull