passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Huntdown

Craymen Edge

I've only played the first couple of bounties, but so far I'm really liking this. As per the trailer, it captures that 80's violent action film vibe really well.

The 16-bit style graphics look really good, and the the synth soundtrack is great too. It has tons of character.

Gameplay wise, it's a run and gun platformer. You fire forwards in the direction you're facing, you have a jump, a dash and a thrown weapon, and can duck or take cover from enemy fire in doorways. You have a pistol weapon with infinite ammo, and can pick up more powerful sub weapons with limited ammo, or a melee weapon. Each bounty (level) is a short action platforming section that leads up to your target, which is a mini boss fight.

It's fairly straightforward, but is smooth and plays very well. 

I've only tried one player character so far, so don't know if they have gameplay differences.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.05.15 - 22.33.02.97.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.05.15 - 22.27.14.85.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.05.15 - 22.28.02.52.png

It's Epic exclusive on PC at the moment. With the £10 coupon thing in their sale going on right now it only cost me £7.99.

12 hours ago, Craymen Edge said:

It's Epic exclusive on PC at the moment. With the £10 coupon thing in their sale going on right now it only cost me £7.99.

See, that’d be perfect. Even around £12 would be. I really want to play this but £17 on Xbox and PS seems a bit steep for it. Doesn’t look like it’s doing anything particularly special to warrant that price though from what I’ve seen and your initial impressions but haven’t done enough research yet, may well have end up being worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing this myself. It’s definitely fun, reminds me very much of Contra/ Metal Slug. The combat is satisfying, liquefying enemies with a close up shotgun blast is always good for a laugh.

The difficulty is spiking a bit on some of the bosses now though. One in particular killed me at least 4 times. In most of the boss fights, enemies rock up to provide ammo/health top ups. But one boss decided to have two stages, and on the second harder stage of the fight, no pickups were available at all. Leading to having to figure out how to dodge his attacks, which took some doing. 

Still, it’s certainly a fun game.