passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Paper Mario: The Origami King

radiofloyd

7 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

IMO Sticker Star is by far the worst game Nintendo has ever made.

Now I haven't play SS. The last game in the series I played was Super Paper Mario. But, I have played Geist (Gamecube) and I did think that was the worst game Nintendo have ever made.

Sticker Star was a game design trainwreck you'd expect to see from a young indie developer making his first little videogame but not from a veteran developer inside the Nintendo cosmos.

The way it punishes you for trying out something new is the polar opposite of what a videogame should be doing (and what Geist, as average as it was, encouraged). And literally every boss fight was trial and error since you could never know which stickers you needed to beat them beforehand. Add to that the single-use nature of stickers which just makes everything tedious and the result is just an fundamentally dysfunctional mess of a game. No idea where those 75% on metacritic come from, it's total poop. 

Anyway, Origami King. No stickers, which is a good thing, but I'm not convinced the battle system can carry it for 30 hours or so. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...