passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Paper Mario: The Origami King

radiofloyd

Please be good!! If this gets compared favourably to Thousand Year Door unlike the rubbish ones which followed I’ll be getting this as my July game day one. The humour looks spot on. Fingers crossed. 

How brilliant that it’s out so soon too?! As much as Nintendo piss me off they sometimes do things I really love - Announce, show gameplay and I only have to wait 2 months? Bloody brilliant.

Loved the Metroid bit.

1 hour ago, OCH said:

That looks brilliant! I haven't played a Mario RPG since Super Paper Mario on the Wii.

That was a actually a solid course of action because Sticker Star is arguably the worst Nintendo game ever made and supposedly Colour Splash wasn't that hot either.

I'll keep an eye on this as it looks phenomenal as usual but the track record of this particular spin-off series hasn't been the best lately.

Also what the hell are they hinting at with the ending? My heart can't take anymore Metroid Fake News.

I'm going to say this is the best looking game Nintendo have ever produced, it looks incredible. 

But yeah, less of the Mario rpg stuff and more like the Wii game ideally, Nintendo's rpgs have been pretty shit all told 

Personally I didn't really like Thousand Year Door. Other than Super Paper Mario, which I really liked, when it comes to Mario RPG's I typically prefer the Mario & Luigi series.

Couldn’t disagree more, Thousand Year Door was by far the series highlight and one of the best games ever made for me, Super Paper Mario was the start of its sharp descent into mediocrity. 

As far as the Mario and Luigi series, I’ve only played Bowsers Inside story and it didn’t do much for me - maybe partly because I just don’t get on with handheld gaming that much for some reason (odd exceptions obviously). So I didn’t bother with any others. 

In much the same way Thousand Year Door simply didn't click with me. Although I've only played about 10 hours, I didn't really like Super Mario RPG either, to be fair. I prefer a bit more depth to my RPG's. Whereas SPM was more like a normal Mario game, with RPG elements.

As for Mario & Luigi, the creativity and charm of the series won me over after about 30 mins of Superstar Saga. That said, my DS did break before I could finish Bowser's Inside Story. So I don't really know how the series ended to this day.

• 4 weeks later...

God damn this looks good. Battle system looks like a interesting take on the classic formula. Hope it holds up throughout, looks time consuming to the point it may get tiresome. Hopefully not though.

• 4 weeks later...