passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2 Remake

DisturbedSwan

I was just reading about him texting people about it before it was officially announced, which is weird.

Wasn’t the HD version a few years back essentially this? I seem to remember it having maps from both games in it.

On one hand I’m very excited. 

On the other, we’ve had 1&2 updated in HD already - although not to this level and it was rubbish. Plus who’s to say they’ll get the feel right this time either? Either way though I’d much prefer 3&4 be remastered. It’s been longer and they were better, especially 3. That was easily the pinnacle of the series IMO. Just about perfect. 

Hopefully they’ll include some of the stuff from 3 so you can keep combos going. They do a Manual in the trailer so fingers crossed that’s the case. 

I’m not sure to be honest @Hendo this is more of a ground up remake (my bad on my part for the original title) than just an HD remaster. 

On the announcement stream they had an interview with Tony and a VV rep and the revert from 3 is in this @one-armed dwarf @mfnick

The series has been on such a downward trajectory for such a long time that I hope this’ll finally be a great entry in franchise. VV did wonders with The Crash Trilogy so hopefully there’ll do well with this.  

Activision doesn't really seem to grasp the remaster/remake monikers. They also called Crash, Spyro and the Modern Warfares Remasters which belied the effort that was put into these projects. It's a weird thing really because you'd expect a company like that to go all-out and remake certainly sounds more enticing than remaster.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw that. In a year of remakes I think Tony Hawks was the best one so it's a bummer. Evergreen gameplay design

It seemed like a sort of Crash Bandicoot trilogy thing where it was clear there was an appetite for more, but maybe I'm wrong. Thinking about it I don't really know many people who actually played the remake