passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Deliver Us The Moon

AndyKurosaki

Chose this as my free game for NHS staff. Already happy I went for this. It looks absolutely glorious, and the story is definitely interesting.

A space station on the Moon was providing a rapidly deteriorating Earth with power. Until the station went unexpectedly silent, and all contact was lost. 5 years later, you’re assigned to head to the station, and find out what happened.

Looking forward to seeing how the story develops.

Ok, this game is bloody brilliant. I finished it last night, and spent today getting the Platinum. 

For the most part, it’s a walking simulator, which has you going around an abandoned space station, trying to work out what’s gone wrong. Audio files and holograms are scattered around, which gradually reveals the truth. The voice acting is well done, and the story is enjoyable. 

There’s various puzzles scattered throughout the game, but nothing too difficult. Which is good, as I suck at puzzles. There’s some tense action scenes every now and then, which has you racing to solve a problem while your oxygen level ticks down. There’s also a few vehicle driving sections thrown in for good measure.

There’s a couple of sections in the final level that I found a bit difficult. And if you die, the loading times can be painfully long. But that didn’t stop me from having an excellent time with this.

If trophy-hunting is your thing, this isn’t a particularly difficult Platinum. Most of them are collectible related, I’d found the majority of them in my first playthrough. And thankfully a level select lets you return to areas where you may have missed something to sort that out.

So, yeah. Bloody good game. Definitely recommend it.

• 1 month later...

I started playing this last night, via Game Pass.

I reached the surface of the moon before calling it a day. The section before that on the empty space station was great, very atmospheric.

The pacing has been good, discovering little bits of the story between the not-too-taxing puzzles. Thumbs up so far.

Finished it in 3 sittings. On my previous session I ended just before a stealth section, which was probably the weakest part of the game. Fortunately there was only that one section and it wasn't long.

Other than that it was a great little game. Well worth a go if you've got Game Pass.