passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dirt 5

Rikzilla

• 1 month later...

That video is so bad idk where to start. It’s cringe, highlights what every racer hates in a racing game, of course they have 90s dj names, and to say that’s story telling never been before is gobsmacking.

not really sure what to expect from this, apparently it's using "codemasters cheshire" own engine so driveclub/motorstorm - so it should be pretty different from previous dirt games, looks like there is no rallying at all? and i love driveclub but don't like motorstorm so no idea if i'll like it but if i can get it for ~£25 on pc i'll give it a go. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-22-dirt-5-feels-more-like-a-new-motorstorm-than-a-new-dirt-and-thats-okay

33 minutes ago, spatular said:

looks like there is no rallying at all? and i love driveclub but don't like motorstorm so no idea if i'll like it

Completely this. I don’t like the look of there being no proper rallying and I never got on with MotorStorm even though I really tried, something about them just wouldn’t click.

I adore Driveclub though so still hopeful.

Sort of but dirt rally isn’t the same as dirt was always pretty arcadey before that, and 4 still had rallying, so now they have no arcade rallying. Maybe they’ll add it to dirt rally? there was always something not quite right about the rally handling in the old Dirt games imo, I didn’t play too much of 4 mind, and the handling for some of the other types of races was great. Keep meaning to try the wrc games.

what I want is dirt rally but with wider tracks mode, so you could throw the cars around a bit more without hitting 8 trees and flying off a cliff. Dirt rally is ace but can be a bit too intense/difficult sometimes.

I never played Dirt 4 but loved the rallying bits of Dirt 3. 

From what I can gather from that article it doesn’t rule out rallying at all, just says it’s not in the preview build is all. 

I hope rallying is there but I’m not gonna miss it too much if it’s not.

^ yeah you're probably right i don't remember. dirt 4 has an option like that. i still think it's the narrow tracks that make it difficult/sim mind.

3 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

From what I can gather from that article it doesn’t rule out rallying at all, just says it’s not in the preview build is all. 

good info cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Dirt 5 will also have a 120fps mode on PS5.

The DualSense is great. When we got the tech demo up and running the whole studio came around and everyone wanted a go. It offers something new and unique and we felt it fits really well for racing, especially for a game with such diversity of content and cars.

The power of the PS5 also means that we will have an option for 120fps, which is very exciting for the racers who know that every frame counts.

I do wonder what kind of games will do the 120fps stuff and if people will even notice or appreciate it. Does a driving game really benefit that much? I feel like it probably doesn't

I'd guess its biggest impact will be in competitive MP stuff. I kinda don't think the >60fps stuff is as big an impact as people make out for a lot of stuff unless it's very twitchy and has fast camera movement with lots of shit popping off

Just speculating on my part but I think all racing games could do with higher FPS, but specifically arcade racers would really benefit from higher frame rates. Things like a Burnout, N4S, Forza Horizon or kart racers that are just so over the top fast would probably improve a lot with higher FPS. If it helps precision then it would really help those games. 

I just guessing, though, I never played anything over 60. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...