passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

DisturbedSwan

1 minute ago, DANGERMAN said:

Ubi are the Kings of bullshit reveals tbf 

I think Kings may be a little bit of a stretch considering they’ve only hoodwinked folks with Watch Dogs to be honest. Everyone does bullshots, we’ll see real gameplay next week as we have done with the last few AC games.

38 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

I think Kings may be a little bit of a stretch considering they’ve only hoodwinked folks with Watch Dogs to be honest. Everyone does bullshots, we’ll see real gameplay next week as we have done with the last few AC games.

Division was a big one. Nothing like the game they put out. And it can't be understated quite how deceptive Watch underscore Dogs reveal was

The division reveal was truly terrible. Those 4 pretending to play, whooping and making awful comments. Then they did it again with 2 iirc although at least it was gameplay even if not live.

Kings might be a stretch tho. It’s pretty much tho norm for a lot of devs now. I hate it but it works out fine/looks good on websites. 

I never feel the need to go for expensive Collectors Editions. Even more so when it’s of a character we know absolutely nothing about, and could turn out to be a right bell-end, or completely forgettable. 

No doubt the game will be riddled with the same piss-taking micro transactions that Odyssey was (XP Boost, Money boost). Although people argue “you don’t have to buy them”, the levelling up is deliberately made into a grind to encourage it.

But, Odyssey was at its heart a bloody good game. One of my favourite of this generation for sure. So despite Ubisofts typically shit business practices, this should still be fun.

I was just posting the CE because it's the only "clear" image of the female character so far.

7 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

No doubt the game will be riddled with the same piss-taking micro transactions that Odyssey was (XP Boost, Money boost). Although people argue “you don’t have to buy them”, the levelling up is deliberately made into a grind to encourage it.

I never felt that to be honest. With the exception of the Legendary Beast quest, which was supposed to carry on throughout your playthrough, I never came across something in Odyssey that was out of my reach in terms of levels and demanded that I grind.

7 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

the levelling up is deliberately made into a grind to encourage it.

Nah, the levelling up was done the way it was in Odyssey so you were encouraged to go off and explore the world doing side quests, finding collectibles and a whole smorgasbord of other things rather than just rigidly sticking to the main questline.

Odyssey is an RPG, RPGs typically have a multitude of side quests and activities to do. Do some of them from time to time and you’ll have no problems with ‘grinding’.

On 02/05/2020 at 19:47, mmmark said:

You already said it is two days ago. Now idk what to believe. 

I said it’s confirmed as a cross-gen release, the crossbuy is not confirmed, just heavily rumoured 

They haven’t yet @Nag just heavily rumoured. They did it with the PSV/PS3 years back so I’m sure if Microsoft are doing it they’ll be doing it too. I do expect it’ll be up to the publisher to decide whether they want to do it though, I can’t see Activision or EA wanting to do it for CoD and FIFA. 

Jim Sterlong made one of his "I only have 2 minutes worth of opinion so I'll just repeat myself 5 times" videos comaonjng about this too.

The thing I find funny (and a bit unfair) is the focus on Ubisoft not showing gameplay when it was the majority of the games on show during the showcase that didn't show gameplay, despite us being told otherwise.

This just feels a bit like a Ubisoft witch hunt. And this is coming from someone who hasn't bought a Ubisoft game in around a decade.