passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

DisturbedSwan

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-30-assassins-creed-valhalla-reshapes-the-series-rpg-storytelling-by-giving-you-a-viking-settlement

So forgive my cynicism but will this be the AC to just drop the whole 'defog the map and clean up map icons' style of gameplay loop? What they lay out here sounds kind of interesting, but I thought that too of the last two which on closer inspection seemed to have that same MMO style of design with lots of missions (and even rare loot drops).

Like I don't really consider that an 'RPG', but what they explain about the settlement stuff here sounds kind of good.

Part of the reason I don't have much patience for Ubi style games is I already play a massive MMO, so a diluted version of that without MP and raids never appeals to me.

Gameplay being shown May 7th at the Inside Xbox Games Showcase @mmmark

57 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

I get that the vikings are a more interesting concept to play as, but pitching Britain as the bad guys for not wanting to be murdered and raped seems a little unfair

Yeah it is a little odd. Brits have now been the bad guys in 2 AC games, I think they don’t like us ?

1 hour ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Odyssey was the first AC game I committed to in ages, as I was burned out with the franchise. And I bloody loved Odyssey. Easily sank 70+ hours into it. 

So I’m definitely up for this.

Yeah, Origins and Odyssey were a fresh of breath air for the franchise, ‘twas definitely needed after Syndicate. 

Also, this game is being directed by the ‘A Team’ at Ubisoft Montreal. Directed by Ashraf Ismail, the director of AC4: Black Flag and AC: Origins.

58 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

the 3rd one doesn't look like gameplay at all to me. The way it's framed is really odd

The second also. 

56 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I mean they are probably all bullshots but it will still look amazing anyway. Is it fully next gen (not cross gen)?

I’ll upvote a shiny post in politics if this is next gen only.