passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Crysis Remastered

DisturbedSwan

So I take it is the old game but actually using more than 2 cores.

This is actually still a tough enough game to run at 60 on PC. Also very annoying cause it never sets itself to the resolution you want unless you're happy to fuck around with command line or ini files (can't remember which but it was a headache)

They had to cut stuff from the 360 version because it couldn't run it, the Switch version will be interesting unless they're completely rebuilding it.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, the Switch version is 100% not the version I'd be picking up for any number of reasons, but I'm genuinely curious how they manage it (which I think they will, I'm not sneering). It'd be nice if this is a free update if you already own the PC version, but given how old that is, and that this could be a lot of work, that's probably optimistic 

• 2 months later...

Eurogamer: Release Date and Trailer Leaked

There's still 26 hours to go until Crysis Remastered is officially revealed to the world via a YouTube gameplay premiere, but you can see how the game looks right now - and find out its release date - via the Microsoft Store.

Crysis Remastered will launch on 23rd July and weigh in at 7.01GB on Xbox One, according to its Microsoft Store listing. HDR and 4K visuals will be supported.

As previously announced, the game's multiplayer portion does not appear to be making a return.

Here's tomorrow's trailer:

"The classic first person shooter from Crytek is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles you loved the first time around - now with remastered graphics optimized for a new generation of hardware," its description reads.

This is the third time in six weeks the Microsoft Store has leaked details on an upcoming unannounced game - following the early release of info on Star Wars Squadrons and Mafia Trilogy.

Crysis Remastered is coming to PC, PlayStation 4, Switch and Xbox One. Expect a shinier version of the above trailer in around 26 hours.

it doesn't look as good as I was expecting, maybe I'm being unreasonable to expect more than that though. I hope they do the "if you own the game you get the upgrade for free" thing that's pretty common on pc, but I'm not counting on it

Switch-Version looks already way better than the last-gen Ports. I wonder how it'll look and run in portable mode.

But yeah, this is probably just a more optimized and better running version of the PC original. Doesn't look like they put much effort into making it prettier. Which, at least for Switch owner, is a good thing because the game will probably look similar on all platforms.

This was an odd announcement, wasn't it? First its existence gets leaked and then confirmed by Crytek. then the trailer gets leaked and then confirmed to be real by Crytek. and then they just straight up delay the entire thing just a few weeks before release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched this yesterday. The Switch version is based off the last gen console version, it does look significantly better than them. For whatever reason, I suspect the motion controls, watching it made me feel a little queasy, so it's 100% not the version I'd play, not until it's crazy cheap and I can pick it up as a curiosity at least 

The big difference between these last three console generations has always been the lighting for me. When you boot up AC Odyssey on a standard Xbox One there's no dynamic lighting for a few seconds and it basically looks like a 360 game until the lighting has properly loaded.

Anyway, Switch Crysis looks solid, definitely a lot better than the PS360 versions. Too bad the helicopter mission is still missing but I might pick this up if they ever reduce the price a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

hopefully whenever it comes to Steam they do the free upgrade and I'll replay it. Hopefully it ends up good, they've made a bit of a mess of this so far, including with the Epic exclusive for one of THE most pc pc games, but oh well, it's not like I was really itching to replay the first game