passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII Remake

one-armed dwarf

I don't really know which chapter is which so what bosses are you talking about?

There's a few optional sidequest ones I remember from my replay when I was doing trophies which didn't make a lot of sense to me but most of the story ones seem to speak the game's combat language pretty well I thought.

I think combat wise the game was weakest when it threw DMC-like enemies at you but mostly cause they could all be beat by Cloud's punisher stance thing and there wasn't much to think about with them. The bosses I really liked were more like MMO raid bosses like Airbuster.

Honestly tho I agree that the level design and stuff is shit, personally I think the whole game is kind of rubbish outside of its boss fights, music and a few particular character moments and I feel very alone in this opinion lol.

3 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

This is the thread with bad opinions not the mario one

This.

Aerith is fucking awesome in this. 
Also, regarding the weapon upgrading, it’s worth using all the weapons to make sure you unlock their special abilities. When they’re unlocked you can add them to the weapon you prefer using. 

Forgot about the whole weapon ability thing, yea you really want to learn almost all that stuff. Baseball bat has Cloud's best ability.

I'm thinking PC and Xbox/next gen we'll hear about sometime in February, close enough to April when the exclusive period for PS ends.

Looking forward to seeing if Xbox/PC fixes the bad textures/blurry background/plate graphics.

Wow the house boss fight is the worst thing in the game yet. What a needlessly tanky-ass, rule changing cunt of a boss fight. 

I’m really turning on this game in a big way. Everything about the story and music is nice. But the more I have to play it the more I start to hate it. Playing it sucks. 

I kinda feel like that whole colosseum bit was the only bit of 'filler' I really liked in the game, other than chapter 4 maybe. The game is such a mess with how it's paced but all that stuff was fun.

That fight is cool but yeah not communicated well at all and very cryptic with its openings. I face-rolled it on normal and hard mode without understanding what I was supposed to do. Then I saw a video and it's actually really easy but how you're supposed to figure out those openings I don't really know.

the commentary is super good for that fight too, every summon has its own unique commentary dialogue. 

I feel like I understood what to do but it stopped working. When it does elemental attacks use counter elemental magic and when it puts the shield up switch to Cloud and hit it. 

My problem with the fight is the stuff that was working in the beginning just seemed to stop working half way through. I could literally see hitting electric with wind or whatever would put it in to pressure and then later it wouldn’t work. Cheating ass fuck.

Also the game just, I feel like, abandons it’s own fundamentals just to be a dick. I hate it when games do that. Like in my first attempt I had the boss’s stagger meter at 97% and Ifrit did his big finishing move and it still wouldn’t tick over in to stagger. Like what are you doing game. 

The only time I ever got it to stagger was by countering it. Just let it run at me and hit triangle. I took a bit of damage too but for the increase in stagger and damage returned it was worth it.

Every single fight Focus Thrust builds stagger gauge. Except when it gets to the boss and the game doesn’t want you too so it just randomly stops being effective. I hate games when they’re inconsistency because it would be too easy otherwise. Build better systems. 

I’ve also noticed that Aeris can’t fill 2 ATB gauges on her own if I don’t control her. I’m sure they do that because they know the player could spam Pray over and over, but it feels like ATB should just keep filling whether the player is in control or not. Another shortcut to plug a game design hole. 

And in the 2nd attempt I managed to play kinda well and keep both alive right up until literally the last hit where Cloud went down and it just would not die. There is no need for it to be that tanky. I’m hitting this thing with special moves, limit breakers and magic attacks and chip, chip, chip. So frustrating and unfun when your big attacks do no damage (When you use them at the right time, too). 

The chair barrage move is also super crappy. Another attack that is unavoidable. At best I can do is block it and still take tonnes of damage because there are so many. I wonder if with that attack I should of switched to Cloud’s strong mode and cut them out the air. I mean they’re just chairs. That should work. And if it doesn’t then it’s truly fucked. 

I’m doubling down on the combat is a good idea but isn’t quite there. The fight took me 2 attempts. I didn’t die the first time I quit out and restart because it went so badly. I could of probably still won but I got hit with the cheap shots so many times I was like I’ll show you. And I did until I Dark Souls’d it and kept attacking to the point where Cloud died. 

I can’t believe it’s health wouldn’t go down it’s so stupid. 

Yeah the game would break if allies could fill ATB independently, the whole thing would fall apart.

But (materia spoiler)

Spoiler

ATB assist materia and skillmaster

fixes this. Makes it much faster and interesting when used right

Spoiler

Basically the best parts of the combat system are hidden behind the purple materias

But stuff like chair barrage is just standard RPG stuff where you are supposed to take damage. Like when airbuster shoots its guns at you or scorpion shoots rockets, it's just taking its turn and you take your turn in blocking or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We saw 'FFVII Remake: Intergrade' 

It looks really good, I will probably try and get a PS5 to play it.

The story stuff is all completely new stuff that wasn't in the original. The white hair guy is a guy called Weiss from Dirge of Cerberus, a notoriously shitty spinoff featuring Vincent Valentine. But they already had some hints that they were bringing that stuff in.

The Yuffie stuff is all new, I kind of already expected anyway that they were going to tell a completely different story from here on out and that's the indications they are giving here. Nothing that resembles the original plot but that's cool.

Yuffie has a sort of dual tech with the spear guy, another new character. Chrono Trigger style dual techs was my main request for the sequel so they got that now

Well I never said I was good at CSS lol. As I demonstrated to great effect in a terrible interview I had recently.

Fuck I hate CSS.

Here's a screenshot of FFVII PS5, I think the lighting looks a lot nicer. I remember even on the demo I thought things were a bit flat and 'wrong', now everything looks proper.

50980745192_21f8389c75_h.jpg

The comparison trailer shows it too. Light bouncing off and on Cloud's sword and stuff.

Did I see that correctly in that the Yuffie DLC is PS5 only? That's a bit of a dick move. I mean it's "just" DLC but it features a returning party member from the original. And considering the game is timed exclusive on PS4, literally everyone who has played it up until now has the PS4 version. And only a fraction of those people is on PS5.