passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset Ă—
MFGamers

Resident Evil 3 Remake🧟‍♂️

Nag

This is just for the demo so far... release isn't too far away now though.

IMG_4b5c9d3a-4669-4839-bbbb-ac2aebcfb810.png

I'm presuming this isn't too far in to the game, you start out already having met Carlos and entering the Subway train, after a brief conversation you're free to head up to the streets.

IMG_86c4c09c-d034-4071-8010-e83176f576cb.png

First impressions... and it's a big one, HDR is vastly improved over RE2... I wish they'd actually go back and fix that but after a year its highly unlikely, anyway it's a lot better in this game.

It controls very similar to RE2 but with the added dodge, I actually had to go and change the controller setup as I didn't like where they'd put run (clicking left stick) with the change it felt much better.

IMG_ccc9fb4b-a619-436f-b564-015c9791ed10.png

Obviously it looks lovely, already it's a much more colourful game than RE2, shooting feels pretty much identical... all though I think they may have toned down the zombie dismemberment a tad... presumably because there's more on screen.

I've had a good wonder around, it's got some nice little shortcuts you can open up to move around easier and I'm surprised at how many shops you could actually enter.

I didn't actually get to finish the demo though... Nemisis killed me...?

Everything is looking good to me so far, fingers crossed that shitty real life virus doesn't delay the game.

Spoiler

IMG_8f346c0b-b109-4339-9fa0-e1b626d84f21.png

I heard they toned down dismemberment and that apparently someone inside Capcom thought RE2 and VII were way too violent. Look forward to seeing if that can be toggled back on PC tho as the RE2 dismemberment had actual gameplay functions (hobble zombos instead of wasting bullets killing them)

Actually the steam demo is out after work so I'll give that a look see

You can still take legs off with bullets and I took an arm and half a face with a shotgun blast... it's mainly no more taking off legs with a knife... which guess makes sense.

I played it. Nemesis is a goober, you just got to do the dodge

I recorded my playthrough, actually this is my second playthrough cause it crashed at the train panel thing the first time. The bit at the end with the hose felt a bit silly.

It looks and feels pretty good. Seems like it will be more linear than RE2. I guess RE3 was already kind of more linear anyway. They kind of went with more of an action thing here I think which is fine.

Played the demo earlier.

Wasn’t blown away really. It seems ok so far but yeah it didn’t blow my socks off. The graphics are amazing and obviously it’s immediately very similar to REmake 2 but there was just some over familiarity there from RE2 for me.

Loved the environs going around Racoon City, very vibrant and full of colour though. 

Nemesis seems more annoying than Mr X. 

43BC783A-B554-44EA-B016-DC30E6C5DB19.jpeg

7B7D412D-14B6-4B13-AF15-87FA6D2F401A.jpeg

74AB6AA0-D361-4EF1-8A5D-C7C8B76618F0.jpeg

How did you manage to get hold of them?... Sony have (very quietly) mothballed the communities app on Android. Said app started fucking up hdr enabled screen grabs by making them way too dark, it happened with the Final Fantasy VII Remake.

3 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

@Nag if you've got a usb drive you can find them in the files area (storage) and copy from there iirc

Good call, although I was hoping there was an easy way to get them on a phone.?

As for it being more of the same I kind of agree but I have a lot of time for this formula. Problem with RE3 tho imo has always been the city setting. It looks cool but in the original it kind of felt like tunnels in the form of streets and I kind of get that vibe here also.

I think I would really like a new take on RE1 again because that is still the best one imo.

It's because Capcom don't want to optimize their game, tossers... anyway apart from entering the save room in the restaurant I didn't really notice anything too bad. Apparently it's the same as RE2... sharper with less shimmer on X and slightly better frame rate on Pro.

I'll probably own both at some point anyway.??

Finished the demo earlier. Holy shit the graphics are incredible! Nemesis is fucking annoying!  

Think it may be more frustrating than anything, Mr X was really annoying at times when I just wanted to explore but Nemesis seems a lot worse. He’s got more abilities, I detest that tentacle grab thing & he can move far too quickly for your character model to be able to react quick enough. He killed me 3 times and my 4th go I think I just got lucky and reached the hydrant just before he was going to kick my arse. Not sure if I’m going to actually enjoy this one much at all. 

Only a demo though, and I’m definitely still going to get it at some point still. 

• Nag changed the title to Resident Evil 3 Remake🧟‍♂️