passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 3 Remake🧟‍♂️

Nag

save_1.png

That's Inferno  done and 1000g/1000g... Third form Nemesis probably killed me more than twenty times but continuing adds time so I had to quit out and resume... I was actually shaking after I finally beat him, he's bloody hard!

Anyway... so long RC.

IMG_ed2d8653-690f-49c4-bee8-7f286f74b76c.png

• 5 months later...

Just finished my first run through on PlayStation... couldn't wait until PS5 as I have no willpower whatsoever. I still think this is one of the best releases of the year and is criminally underrated.

Found this pretty funny... the game glitched out on a cutscene towards the end game.

PS_Messages_20201011_123343.jpg

I think it was Jill's jumper going crazy.?

• 7 months later...

Forgot all about it to be honest until the release of Village reminded me I still hadn’t played it. 

In a lot of ways I prefer it to Remake 2 I think. Unlike the majority of people (as usual) I find the Nemesis being more set piece led far better than Mr X who just annoyed me in 2 - he wasn’t scary just fucking annoying. He’s why I didn’t play much of the B route or try the other A route even though I went in fully planning to do it all. Enjoyed the first playthrough but couldn’t stand it when starting the next. 

That is the correct opinion to have, Mr. X is boring.

Mr Nemesis even in his neutered and scripted form is much more interesting to deal with. I don't feel the tension as much when you just have an enemy to run away from cause it's hard to fuck something like that up, but at least when fighting back against an orrid monster there's lots of things that can go wrong.

Completed. 5.5 hours and I enjoyed every minute. Didn’t really think it was too short either as there wasn’t really a part later I disliked like normal with RE games. 

However as cool as the city is its just not as interesting as the mansion, police station, 4’s village & 7’s house. It never drops as low as those games can buy it never reaches those highs either. It is also very action focused and I just prefer my RE a bit slower paced with less enemies. 

Still a great game though. Might do the extra challenges, not decided yet. 

8/10

Realised I missed out on 1 weapon upgrade - the first one which is fucking annoying. That’s a load of coin missed and probably a achievement.  Ah well. 

Ended up getting a bit obsessed and went for the achievements and unlocks. Really enjoyed it, got it down to 1 hour 20 minutes when I did it on Nightmare. Can really charge through it when you know what you’re doing. 
Like compact games like this where you can really learn them and let you be mega overpowered on subsequent playthroughs.

Anyway got all 1000 points. Might go back to 2 and try and unlock some of the infinite weapons. I might enjoy it more when I don’t have to deal with Mr X. 

• 1 month later...

Me and my friend started this tonight and played a few hours. Just got past the first boss fight on the roof. Mixed opinions so far. It’s really hard. It’s the most survival out of all the games I’ve played, I think. Even though the save points are really close together, getting to each one is punchy and difficult. I think the play time is 2 hours but I’ve died at least 10 times and had to save about 20 times. 

The first struggle is health items. Usually in these type of games ammo is the issue but this one is just staying alive. I’m having to use health items constantly. Combine that with Nemesis being a prick and does so much damage and is easy to get trapped by. Staying alive is tough.

I find if he hits me once I might as well stop and let him kill me because he straight away puts me in to critical health and Jill ends up limping along not able to escape anyway. Having to give up after 1 strike seems kind of bullshit but multiple deaths were me being trapped in a tight space with him and he just hit me twice in a row. That’s the super bullshit.

I can’t work out how to use this quick step either. Sometimes it flashes for a perfect dodge but other times I find it makes Jill slower, harder to control or I get caught anyway. I dunno how to use it. 

I also have mixed feelings about the ‘open’ map design of the game. It’s a nice change from the other games except for the fact I’m finding it hard to remember where is where. Especially with the added pressure of being beat up by the big guy. 

I like the part where you hold up on the stick and the set pieces happen. It’s a really good looking game so that’s fun to look at. 

Eh. I don’t hate it. I definitely don’t love it. It’s just quite different and much harder than I was expecting it to be. I can’t articulate it but there is something really different about this game. It’s condensed and chaotic in a way I don’t think I enjoy. I like action games that are scrappy, this is beyond that. The map Ajax exploration is very guessy and loses me and the action is loud and random. 

Maybe why I like the set pieces because it lets that go and just becomes more straight forward. 

I dunno. Quite disappointed and underwhelmed so far.

Girl?????#

I said this at the time I think and probably in this thread but I think of RE3make as a straight to dvd sequel to 2. It's got hints of the same quality as the one before but more hastily and cheaply thrown together.

I just pretend it's the equivalent of RE4's Separate Ways with Ada, but for Jill in RE2. Cause it takes place at the same time like that did.

But it doesn’t have Mr X so it’s immediately better than 2 Remake.

I agree the quick step thing isn’t great but you definitely get better at it through play time. Remember you don’t have to kill everything, I left loads alive on my first play through. They’re easy enough to run passed in the larger areas. Should have more than enough ammo at that point. 

Ammo isn’t the issue (Until I got to the sewer and spent a bunch of it) it’s just health items making survival hard. Every time Nemesis hit me my health went straight to caution or critical. Then Jill starts limping and it’s like well. This round is over.

I was running past most zombies too out in the open. Sometimes I would shoot them a bit just to put them down and run by. That’s about it.

Mr X & Nemesis are as annoying as each other, no? Both don’t leave me alone and trapped in safe rooms waiting to make a break for it. At least Mr X fucks off from time to time. 

2 minutes ago, Maf said:

Mr X & Nemesis are as annoying as each other, no? Both don’t leave me alone and trapped in safe rooms waiting to make a break for it. At least Mr X fucks off from time to time. 

Definitely not. Nemesis is kept to specific very short moments and set pieces. Once’s you’ve escaped that section he’s basically gone. Whereas Mr X is just there and annoying all the time after he’s introduced. 

Save Grenades for Nemesis, pretty certain one is enough to put him on his knees... I realise that's not much help if you've burned through them all already though. 🤣

• Nag changed the title to Resident Evil 3 Remake🧟‍♂️

Yeah I knocked him down with 1 grenade but the others were in the box. Ammo is not the issue. I had 70 handgun ammo at one point. It’s just getting punched by Nemesis costs a health item. So burned through them yesterday. 

11 hours ago, mfnick said:

Definitely not. Nemesis is kept to specific very short moments and set pieces. Once’s you’ve escaped that section he’s basically gone. Whereas Mr X is just there and annoying all the time after he’s introduced. 

Indeed. Once they put such a heavy emphasis on Mr X in REmake 2, unfortunately it meant they needed to change the nature of Nemesis. Which is another mark against REmake 3.