passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset Ă—
MFGamers

Resident Evil 3 Remake🧟‍♂️

Nag

Apart from Grenades Carlos isn't equipped to deal with those Hunters at all... you'd have been better off Flashbanging them and taking the hits while grabbing the item you needed.

6 hours ago, Nag said:

Apart from Grenades Carlos isn't equipped to deal with those Hunters at all... you'd have been better off Flashbanging them and taking the hits while grabbing the item you needed.

To be fair, he wasn't in the original. His only saving grace was the assault rifle. Which, if you wasted it on the zombies prior, you were really in trouble.

I must admit I have been watching a let's play of this on YouTube. I like what they have done with Carlos and how they address minor plot holes from some REmake 2 set pieces, through him. 

6 hours ago, Nag said:

Yeah, Jill’s Flame Rounds seem to make much easier work of them than Carlos could.

I never really thought about just running round them to be honest, I just assumed they’d get me from behind and one-shot me whilst picking the item up. 

40 minutes ago, OCH said:

To be fair, he wasn't in the original. His only saving grace was the assault rifle. Which, if you wasted it on the zombies prior, you were really in trouble.

These Hunters are actually armoured though... they laugh at assault rifle rounds.

37 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Yeah, Jill’s Flame Rounds seem to make much easier work of them than Carlos could

Acid rounds work well, as do shotgun headshots... tbf Jill can laugh in the face of those things.

30 minutes ago, Nag said:

These Hunters are actually armoured though... they laugh at assault rifle rounds.

I like that. RE lore often states that the Hunters are literally the best and most reliable BOW Umbrella ever made. So it is good to see that recognised in game.

Finished this last night.

AEEE2E44-9412-453A-B3AC-18CD40212D28.jpeg

A game of two halves for me really. The first half was so incredibly strong for me, exploring the Raccoon City streets and having to navigate around, finding bits and pieces, trying to find solutions to puzzles was absolutely amazing. Going back to the

Spoiler

RPD building

with Carlos was so damn cool as well as I loved every second of being back in that foreboding environment but as soon as you get to the Hospital the game kind of falls apart.

I really didn’t enjoy the Hunters at all, they were just frustrating as hell for me and the finale of that section I just hated, from what I’ve now seen of the Clock Tower segment from the OG game I wish they’d of remade that instead of expanding the Hospital, seemed a much more atmospheric and original locale to me than a hospital, being stalked by Nemesis - similar to Tyrant in RE2 - would’ve been great.

Once I got out of the Hospital and back in control of Jill I was expecting the game to kick on another gear but it just kind of peters out unfortunately. The final locale isn’t bad at all but it just feels so similar to so many RE games I’ve played that it didn’t really do anything for me.

The graphics are truly astounding throughout and I do genuinely love Jill, she’s such a great, sassy character. Some of her lines in this - particularly when putting down the final boss - are just so damn cool. Carlos was a surprisingly great dude too, I loved some of his little quips when exploring the

Spoiler

RPD building.

I liked a lot of stuff about the game but it just felt like another RE game by the end really and didn’t really do enough to differentiate itself of be more special than the myriad of others I’ve played. RE7 and my first run through of RE2 are definitely the best time I’ve ever had with the series. 

I think the final boss was a little too similar in design to both REmake 2 and RE 7 to be fair. They seem to have lost sight of the fact Nemesis wasn't a Tyrant or Mr X and as such, isn't strictly a boss fight. He is the antagonist of the game. A lot of what made RE3 stand out was seemingly gutted from the REmake. I've seen a lot of reviews and general chatter, as with Blakey above, that feel similarly. They say this wasn't a rushed release but, in light of the features and puzzles omitted, it does seem to be?

IMG_24a3c7df-6530-4fa1-92ee-2c0833ea9c09.png

That is probably the quickest I've finished any Resident Evil game ever... it's funny though as when Nemesis is stalking you even on assisted it still takes two direct hits with the Rocket Launcher to put him down.

Glad to confirm that after the patch the game feels much better to play on the One X now too which is nice.

Three achievements left now, Nightmare and Inferno difficulty runs and S ranking Inferno, might try out Nightmare without infinite weapons though, see how it feels.?

I started a Nightmare difficulty run last night, it certainly upped the ante right from the off... upping the zombie count and placing those parasitic ones in the streets earlier. At one point it literally rained zombies with about six falling from a rooftop above me while I had Nemesis to deal with.

While I was planning to play it fairly I couldn't help sticking the Infinite Rocket Launcher in to my inventory although I kind of wish I'd bought the Infinite Assault Rifle as that would've been quite fun for this run.

And after buying and equipping the CQC Handbook i can actually dodge now... something i just couldn't get the timing of previously.

save_1.png

That's Nightmare done, that had some really interesting enemy placement changes... to the point of having at least three great jump scares from stuff I just didn't expect to be where they were.

All those deaths came from third form Nemesis too, he has this nasty three times hand slam move that if you fudge the first dodge you're basically dead. 

Only Inferno left now.?

• Nag changed the title to Resident Evil 3 Remake🧟‍♂️