passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 3 Remake🧟‍♂️

Nag

Finished this off this morning... unsurprisingly I flipping loved it.?

IMG_f344c51e-ba66-4e1b-8928-44b44c3ee229.png

Those death results aren't accurate at all... I was reloading instead of continuing. Stage 2 Nemesis was an absolute bitch even on standard. I really liked how they dealt with the Stage 3 fight though, very Dead Space.

This can easily stand side by side with RE2 as one of the best remakes so far... love what they've done with the characters and I'd love it if they did indeed carry on this timeline like @one-armed dwarf has mentioned somewhere else.

Going to try an assisted no healing and item box run now.?

Spoiler

IMG_f9eed55c-fcb4-440a-89bb-553f63000ce7.png

IMG_fed6274f-8f5f-4740-be9f-534bc0918800.png

IMG_87686dbf-107a-4d9c-8456-1a5fe3833f39.png

Yeah, I really think they should. They seem to be leading things off in a different direction, right?

Spoiler

I don't remember OG RE3 well but what's the deal with Nikolai's employers? If they aren't Umbrella is it Wesker or some new group that's never been shown?

The post credits scene looked a bit like a skinny Chris Redfield.

Spoiler

Yeah, they've definitely changed up things with Nikolai... I'm pretty certain he was loyal to Umbrella in the original.

They can't do a post credit tease and not take it anywhere, surely.

As much as I think this is a brilliant game, because it is, I don’t rate it as highly as RE2 Remake. There’s far too much content that’s been cut. Nemesis feels under-used, compared to how Mr X was. And there’s absolutely no good reason for the multiple choice sections and Mercs modes to be cut, other than “we couldn’t be arsed”.

Its undeniably a fun game. But a little more time and content would have made it essential. As it is, I can see why people don’t want to pay full price for it. Saying “but it comes with Resistance” is meaningless, as that’s total shite that I couldn’t care less about.

I'm not remotely cared about the removal of Mercenaries mode, I only ever played it once on Playstation and never touched it again, I wouldn't of been bothered if they'd have skipped 4th Survivor on RE2 either. I was looking forward to a modern take on the Gravedigger boss battle and them skipping that entirely kind've stung but whatever.

I'm not sure I'll even boot up Resistance to be honest, the game's really not my thing and the achievement list looks shit...? Even discounting that though, for me at least, there's plenty of replay potential in trying to get that 1000g from the base game.

Think I'll need some infinite ammo weapons for those Inferno runs though.

After FFVII I think I'll give Nightmare a good go. It actually seems pretty interesting, kind of like the 'Arrange' difficulties in the first Resident Evil.

I can kind of see why this game doesn't have ink ribbons. It's harder than RE2 and having to reload a typewriter save constantly would be really annoying.

No idea what Inferno is. Some ridiculous bullshit I'm sure

I tried the beta of Resistance, really didn’t like it. 
Tried the finished version, that opinion hasn’t changed. Most of the trophies are bollocks, requiring pretty much a perfect game by the looks of it. I don’t have an issue with online trophies per say, I got the Platinum for Dead By Daylight.

But Resistance just isn’t fun to play. I got the trophies for doing each tutorial, and that’s about all I can be arsed with. I’ve no interest of playing it with randoms.

I genuinely couldn’t put Predator Hunting Grounds down last week, it was proper addictive. With Resistance, after one round I’ve had enough.

If it wasn’t part of RE3, I’d not have paid money for it.

I don't have a screenshot to show what I mean, but I want to say that Nikolai in this is the most impressed I've ever been with a virtual character in a game, from visuals perspective.

The way he reacts via his face, the way characters are lit. Just the abundance of detail, it's kind of mindblowing. It really sells the performance too which is particularly unusual with a Resident Evil game. To have good acting I mean.

I guess this gif kinda shows it, but there are even better examples than this.

29e8594e076294b573586dc850f47ee8701194be

I know for RE-engine they scan in real life models for all the characters now so maybe this is why.

@one-armed dwarf... yeah, I agree wholeheartedly, I do think it's a noticable step up from RE2 where Claire especially sometimes looked a little derpy.

I think they nailed some of these expressions perfectly...

IMG_f0da8375-0865-4795-b825-b884fc5fa8a2.png

IMG_76aad2db-4d4a-43ff-89c0-548066757cbc.png

IMG_6a8b5190-345a-428d-9daa-70d5a5b4a9c4.png

Yes, I have a crush.

It's definitely a step up from RE2. I played the demo for that game a few weeks ago and the black police officer in the building looks like they glued someone's face on a blank head.

RE3 is on another level, even if I've only played the demo here as well.

I've just finished my no item box/healing item run... it wasn't too bad considering every time you switch characters you get a free heal anyway. Managed to get my time down to just over 4 hours too plus got the achievements for all lock boxes, Charlie dolls and files. I've made a couple of strategic saves so I can do some easy weapon kill farming to earn some shop points if needed, at the moment I'm just under 10,000 from the Infinite Rocket Launcher.

On to Hardcore now.?

Started this last night about put another 3 or so hours in today.

After not having the best of times with the demo I was a little worried I’d feel much the same with the full game but thankfully that isn’t the case. I’ve loved every second of it so far. 

I absolutely adore the opening, really not what I was expecting at all and gets the adrenaline pumping from the get go! That bit at the start was like something out of Call of Duty or something but a little hammy, still loved it though. What an introduction to

Spoiler

Nemesis!

After the breathless opening and a bit of exposition I’m on the streets of Raccoon City. I thought things would play out exactly as they do in the demo but I’m really pleased they don’t as it lets you breath and take in the surroundings. It reminds me a little of the opening of RE2 but with the streets themselves being the Police Dept. Building. The Downtown area holding all sorts of secrets and little rooms/secrets/collectibles dotted about all over the place instead of one huge building like in the previous game. 

For me, RE is at its best when you’re walking around an area finding locked doors, items/areas you can’t yet gain access to and loads of other little weird bits and pieces. The opening Downtown area has magic in abundance and I just couldn’t get enough of it, I wish it went on a little longer as I’ve a nasty feeling now I’ve left that I won’t be coming back :(. But ever since I started playing RE I’d always wanted to explore the streets of Raccoon City and I’ve finally done it, it has definitely lived up to expectations and then some! 

I don’t know if it’s the HDR or it just outright looks a lot better than RE2 but this is absolutely stunning. I‘ve found the past couple of RE games looked a little washed out - that was on PC on an SDR Monitor - but this is just so incredibly vibrant throughout. Exploring the downtown area seeing all the neon streetlights on every corner, the shadows being cast from the light, the colourful shop facades amongst the chaos of cars on fire and Zombies bumbling along, it’s just such a beautiful site to behold. 

It plays very similarly to RE2 which I expected, the guns are all similar, most of the enemies are similar save for one that I encountered in the Substation. I haven’t managed to do the dodge properly yet - I have tried quite a few times but have only managed to pull it off (accidentally) once - and to control Jill just feels very similar to Claire really which is no bad thing. 

So yeah, it has actually surprised me quite a lot. After my second run of RE2 leaving a bad taste in my mouth and the demo not really impressing I had somewhat lower expectations for this and it has already exceeded every one.

Lots of pics:

5B0B0C9B-2F03-4C95-B16D-300846F8EBB9.jpeg730125B5-9487-4DCB-B81B-57DCCA52F3E4.jpeg3E9CF0B4-3106-41F4-8A68-364454D32884.jpeg

Spoiler

CA2B58F4-CF99-4F9E-87E1-BF7D309BFDF4.jpegE3309626-E19F-4C4A-9CCC-783F5CA44C1A.jpeg4BB2CFD6-6BF1-40D4-BA16-CD7B95E5B23A.jpegB5BB6820-81AF-4974-88C6-A7AE97A20250.jpeg

Finished off my Hardcore run last night, with the infinite rocket launcher that became a walk in the park to be fair... although stage 3 Nemisis did manage to kill me once, not looking forward to him on Inferno difficulty as by all accounts he's some Dark Souls level bullshit.

I had a little time on my hands and didn't fancy starting up a new run with FF VII on the horizon so I did some weapon kills farming, pretty much got most of them now which allowed me to buy the two hip packs, two iron defense/assault coins and the S.T.A.R.S field combat manual (easier dodging) from the shop. 

Not sure whether to go for a S rank sub 2 hour or Nightmare mode run next...?

Played another 3 hours or so earlier today.

Still really digging it overall but some things have annoyed me today. 

Started off playing as Carlos and going back to the 

Spoiler

RPD building, which was an absolute blast. I spent a lot of time there in RE2 last year and it was just such a nice feeling to be back and exploring around the same corridors again. Carlos’ little quips like ‘why all the funny doors’ and stuff was quite funny too. Really didn’t expect Lickers to be in this though! One jumped out and scared the life out of me at one point. ?

The boss fight once you resume control of Jill was cool and I imagine it having extra significance to those who played the original because of the locale involved, it was just a great place to have a boss fight for me. Once I reached the Hospital area though things kind of went down hill. 

The hospital itself is a cool place to explore, it reminded me of some of the latter areas in RE2 in the underground laboratory but a mixture of one-hit-kill Hunter enemies and the bit right at the end

Spoiler

where you have to defend against a horde of zombies/hunters

meant it kind of left a sour taste in my mouth afterwards. 

There was one part on the upper level where I had to defeat 2 Hunters before I could get the item I required to complete my next objective and I must’ve tried so many times. Over and over again getting one shotted out of nowhere by these cunts was not fun at all, just cheap and frustrating as hell.

Not sure how much longer I’ve got left now but I’m at the stage where I’m going underground so feel like I don’t have too much longer left. 

More pics:

Spoiler

6666F8DF-14C6-47B6-84CD-19F9E5AC91E3.jpeg4E39AE3C-52CD-42A9-B51D-D886A8676140.jpegE1F18C4F-B4E7-4719-8E95-2BF3B4ED5DF9.jpegF149FF1D-7C94-4719-ACD8-12024694ECF1.jpegB9BD50FC-8BC0-49BF-B5D4-A3AF8E692D2D.jpeg

476291AB-FED5-4E0D-8371-3132CB316863.jpegFF1C591F-F5F5-4F2A-B0C4-685E7AF156EA.jpeg891BC08E-E0A9-4BDB-B0EF-4050CFDE1770.jpeg

7 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

There was one part on the upper level where I had to defeat 2 Hunters before I could get the item I required to complete my next objective

I'm guessing you had no flashbangs or grenades by then?

Only 1 flash bang @Nag.

I just ended up opening the door, flash banging the one right in front of it then shooting it in the head. If I defeated that one I’d then just shoot the shit out of the other one in the room and hope for the best really, managed it eventually but I’m not a fan of those enemies whatsoever.

• Nag changed the title to Resident Evil 3 Remake🧟‍♂️