passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Horace

Craymen Edge

Horace is a narrative platform adventure about a robot butler that's absolutely full of charm and wit. It's very British in character with tonnes of jokes and references to old computer games and 80's and 90's pop culture.

The story is told through cutscenes in a pixel art style narrated in the robotic voice of Horace, and really goes places. Just when you think it's going to be a tale of robotic domestic bliss, everything changes.

The game itself has some pretty fiendish platforming with metroidvania style uprgades and is really fun to play. The levels and and what you need to do in them show a lot of imagination and variation. Death comes regularly, but infinite lives and and instant respawns help alleviate frustrations.

My only criticism is that it's maybe a little long, but I had a blast with it.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been playing this. @Craymen Edge saying it's a bit long has made me wince because it already feels like that and I'm not that far in (chapter 4). The platforming feels like it's from a cheap game, not that it's terrible, it's just not very refined or nuanced, but I could see if getting very difficult. I'm not sure I particularly care for the gameplay loop, collecting all the junk, it feels pointless, there's not enough punch to it. It might just need a few more Skinner box tricks to make you want to do it

The script is the reason to play it seemingly, it's made me do an actual laugh a few times, it's genuinely funny

It's not necessary to collect all the junk really. I stopped bothering with it pretty early, but I think there are upgrades to help if you want to go for the 1 million pieces collected. Apart from an achievement, as far as I can tell it just gets you a slightly different final cutscene. 

I’ve played a bit of this too. Echo what Danger has said exactly. The gameplay is pretty mediocre but the characters, story and script are absolutely fantastic. The delivery is brilliant too. Enough to keep pulling me through. For the time being at least. 

Ive already started ignoring the rubbish collecting bit so glad that’s not a major thing.