passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

A Short Hike

radiofloyd

This is free on EGS this week. I love what I’ve played so far. As the title suggests, the goal is to hike up a mountain, but aside from that there is a whole island to explore which is like a playground full of secrets to find and colourful characters.

ss_f2123fea859e299736a3e99d130238c784d53

ss_0e864bf975bb71f238de6861fc8fd3d6ed6e4

It’s kind of like Breath of the Wild in miniature. I think children would love this game too.

Finished it. You can continue exploring after you finish which is nice. Easy game to recommend. I love how people tell you things and then you later encounter that thing they told you about or whatever, it’s great. I thoroughly enjoyed it (without collecting everything) but I think it would also be a great “my first game” for young children. Or girlfriends if you wanted to introduce them to gaming. 

• 6 months later...

I just downloaded and played through this in one sitting (a little over 3hrs I think). I ended up doing almost everything before reaching the climax as I was worried I couldn’t mop stuff up afterwards. When I saw I could I went right back to it. I think my only missing achievement is all the fish need collecting.

It’s really lovely in the tiniest pixel setting (thx to @Rikzilla review. Hadn’t seen this mentioned before and the default style really put me off ever buying it). Can’t recommend it enough for its £7 price tag on switch. One my faves of the year. 

I can’t really recommend this enough. It reminds me why I got into games in the first place.

Took me a little under two totally joyous hours and now I’ll likely spend a little more time exploring the world. Definitely a few bits and bobs left to do.

Everyone ought to try this.

I started and accidentally finished this today. I think I got 19 gold feathers and 2 silver feathers. The only things I didn’t do (That I’m aware of) was catch all the fish. Solve 1 riddle about “Finding Gold in the blue”. Oh, also there was the NPC you have to race. I got two medals for beating her but she never spawned anywhere else so that was it. Find it hard to believe there isn’t at least 3 races. 

It’s nice. It’s a nice idea. I like the music. I like the way it looks (Although I did change the visuals from crunchy or whatever to sharp). The writing is sometimes funny. 

The game feels really good to play. Once I had enough feathers, especially the silver feathers, looping around the island was fun. 

But I dunno. Overall I liked it but didn’t love it. For me I didn’t really understand what the point of it was. Or even if there was one. 

Nice, easy, relaxing game. For £6 something it’s not bad but I’m not sure I’ll even remember that I played it in a week