passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Disco Elysium

one-armed dwarf

It's fine, your mostly just clicking dialogue options and slowly running around. Sometimes you pick up broken bottles.

It's not a very Baldur's Gate type of thing with lots of interfaces to click through.

I think the more important question is distance from screen and reading comfort, although I guess the new version you won't have to read as much (but still have to read a lot, like the different traits you unlock and such)

• 2 months later...

Giving this a bump cause it looks like the update will be happening quite soon

I didn't actually complete my playthrough so I'll be starting again with a very different character. Altho I think I'll still make him a hedonistic druggy who licks spilled rum off tables.

• 2 weeks later...

Playstation gameplay of Disco Elysium

I'll quickly reiterate what this game is all about, it's a CRPG where instead of having a battle system all the conflict happens in dialogue or inside your head and your 'party members' are your inner neuroses (eg your cowardice or your cravings for hard drugs and partying) and a very cool sidekick called Kim. 

I've seen some people say elsewhere the game seems overpriced but this is a full fat RPG, it's not a 5 hour walking sim. You also shouldn't save scum decisions in this cause fucking up a dice roll is really really funny.

People are talking about prices way too much anyway. It's either worth it for you or it isn't, case closed.

I'm waiting for the inevitable physical release with this. Also maybe the Switch version. It seems to have an awful lot of text but depending on how they scale it this could be a nice handheld game.

Given the year that's in it I'd be less optimistic of a quick fix.

I am thinking my next cop will spec for motor skills (so I don't turn into a corn cob when asked to perform simple tasks and put under pressure) and I may keep the people skills. I actually started a new game last night on this build and immediately died from a heart attack from minor exertion tho so you have to be careful if you go physical-1.

Played the first hour of this on PS4, it’s definitely off to an interesting start. I watched a few brief gameplay videos prior to buying it, to get an idea of what I’m in for. And it’s certainly getting it’s hooks into me. 

One of the criticisms of the console version I’ve seen, was that at times it doesn’t register when you want to exit a room, and have to press X to do so again when that happens. I’ve had that happen a couple of times, but it’s hardly a game breaking issue. With it being a PC game originally, changing to a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard is always going to be problematic.

Still, I like what I’ve played so far.

I put a couple of hours in to this yesterday. I was sort of expecting to be able to find a solution to every challenge in it, or at least ways to improve my chances, but that's not really been the case. I've started conversations I can't back out of, destined to fail the action set out in front of me

Kim seems a great character, and it's been genuinely funny so far. I've not managed to get the body out of the tree yet, but there's one or two things I've opened up. I am tempting to restart the game as a physical build so I can twat the scouse kid