passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

[Rumour/Leak] Resident Evil Rumours

DisturbedSwan

Just now, Nag said:

Werewolves??

Wasn't this rumoured to be years away?

I want a Dino Crisisremake before this happens.?

Agreed and I didn't even like Dino Crisis. In a Zombie/bio weapon driven narrative, Werewolves are lame.

No, RE8 was rumoured to be in the pipeline also. Like right around the time RE2 came out you had people talking about RE3make and this.

Tbh I've little interest in RE3 right now so I hope this is good. REVII had some good stuff but lots of really shit stuff also. Something in that vein with better quality enemies would be great.

I'm so bored of stalker enemies though. They are never scary. 

As to the werewolves stuff, in REVII a big thing was the mould causing hallucinations and stuff. You could potentially go in a very pre-RE4 'Hookman' direction and do as you please. Remember Ethan got infected, I think, and that plot never got resolved.

I guess it's now time to show the versatility of the engine.  I don't have any idea what else they'd realistically reboot though. 

Dino Crisis is a natural progression but the world was dinosaur daft in the late 90s and that just isn't the case now, and they've not actually shown any real interest to revisit it.  I'm not against the idea, I'd just be surprised if it was that. 

I think Onimusha is slightly more likely since they tested the waters with that remaster.  But sharing with DMC as a flagship title would put Capcom's focus on certain genres, and I guess I always thought of them being broader. 

It may not be what anyone is asking for but I'd actually like to see them revisit Lost Planet.  Just a confident, Capcom-arsed shooter.  Not something trying to overly appeal to a shooter market, but their honest take on the genre, like the first game was, for better and worse. 

I wonder if Street Fighter 6 could be one of those games too.  But personally I think that would appear in the same time frame as RE8. 

I suppose with RE engine I'm wondering about how stuff like asset creation works, cause they really are in love with that whole 'lets create Nemesis in real life and scan him in' thing.

DMC5's environment art looked like shit and while that's a series that's never had much of a reputation for looks outside DMC1 and DmC it makes me wonder if the tech is hard to work with if it isn't a game full of backtracking like RE. Even REVII had shit environments in the second half.

Personally, I'd love to see Capcom return to their Other Ryu series and not just leave it to die out with lame mobile effort..

1559768357194486727.jpg

I think it could be really interesting to point this new engine at their flagship RPG series.

• 2 months later...

Yeah. I guess the RE8 stuff from January could be separate to this game? This could be a spin-off or something similar to Code Veronica etc. I don't know.

RE 2021 could be the spinoff and RE8 2022-2024 or so. Who knows.

it's by far the biggest departure the series has ever taken,

The 'Departure' RE games of the past have never done well...

to the point I expect a lot of people will be pissed off about it when it gets revealed,

That is not an encouraging thing to say.?

but they should be open minded.

? At least he ends on a joke though.

They aren't strictly departures, as they are part of the mainline series. RE 4 was arguably just a new engine for a new console gen. RE7, while first person (and homaging the PT demos positive reception) was still a RE game at it's core IE Cranks, BOWs etc  A case could be made for RE 6 but even then, that was mostly RE 4 and 5 poorly mashed together. 

The Side Games on the other hand... Dead Aim, Operation Raccoon City, Gun Survivor, the mobile games etc etc