passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Drawkanoid

DANGERMAN

Drawkanoid is Arkanoid or Breakout, whichever you prefer, except you have to draw the placement of your paddle. Initially I wasn't seeing where the challenge came from with this. The screen is split, the block area and the area where you can draw a paddle, once the ball enters the latter time slows to give you chance to draw. However, when the screen is full, and your ball is bouncing back immediately, with all the neon and affects, it can be easy to be a little slow to react. Similarly the ball gains pace when it bounces in your area, that can take you by surprise, and makes waiting for a better angle a bit of a gamble

the levels seem to change each run, I don't know if they're procedurally generated or just drawing from a selection, but level 1 isn't always level one. You can buy rewards when you game over, these can change the game quite a bit. I've got one that makes my paddle wider, one that can pierce the first 2 blocks it hits, and one that will target a specific block, useful if there's one that's firing shit, or you're just trying to hit the last block to move the stage on. The latter two power ups have to be triggered, the icons for which can get in the way a bit, distract, and can mean you're activating them when you don't really want to because they're where you need to be

I quite like it though, I do wish it wasn't run based and was more a level structure, but there's other modes that can be bought using the points you'd spend on power ups, which is a nice touch