Sign in to follow this  
HandsomeDead

MFGamers Doing Cool Shit

Dragon's Dogma is very cool. I did not do this but this is a cool thing that you can do in the game that it doesn't even tell you

GlumAbandonedIraniangroundjay-max-1mb.gi

Visions of distorted real impact (dmc4 tech)

18 hours ago, Nag said:

How I love Dragons Dogma...😍

This has been my first time playing it (I finished it a couple of nights ago but without completing Bitterblack Isle or killing the Ur-dragon) and it's been brilliant - can't believe I've never played it before, as it's completely my jam as both a monster hunter fan and a WRPG fan!

I bought the base game on release for 360, bought it again when the Dark Arisen released for 360, bought it again when it was remastered for PS4 and if they added it to Game Pass I'd happily play through again on Xbox One... it's awesome game.🥰

Dragon's Dogma just has such well thought out open world combat that it's a shame it's so overlooked. It's an open world game by the dmc people (probly some Monster Hunter people too).

If they made a sequel which had an actually well designed open world and fixed the weird way damage scales in it maybe it would get more attention. But people make such a big deal about the first dragon encounter in Skyrim, like that's anything special. The first time I fought a griffon it was unscripted chaos for me.

He just showed up and fucked off

Got my revenge later on though

Spoiler

This game is so fucking dramatic, it's like Shadow of the Collosus in Skyrim sometimes.

Haha nice

My first Griffin encounter was the scripted one when you leave Gran Soren - did him some damage but he flew off, which I think is intended. My second encounter was a random one and we ground-locked him with fire until he died B). When I eventually came to the actual quest about hunting a Griffin I'd already killed like 3, so it was a little anti-climatic :P I got to the top of blue-moon tower and pretty much killed it in 30 seconds...

I like the open world btw! It's just lacking in other settlements and random quests.

It has such a great tutorialising system too, where your pawns learn shit while off on adventures in other peoples games. You don't read a beastiary to know that you need to set the gryphon's wings on fire, your party members work it out and tell you.

Then they tell you 100 more times, which is a weakness of the system. But it's a great approach to asynchronous multiplayer and teaching tactics.

dragons-dogma-annoying-quotes.png

The "masterworks" one?.... are you pulling my leg?

New Monster Hunter content.  Me and a rando DESTROYS Tempered Savage Deviljho

That's a Tempered and Savage Deviljho.  To those unfamiliar with MH jargon it means he's a super turbo hard bastard. 

And there was a two person limit on the mission.  Done in under seven minutes.  This is some big dick energy monster hunting. 

Yes, I am pleased with myself. 

19 hours ago, Nag said:

The "masterworks" one?.... are you pulling my leg?

Looked it up, it's from the weapon shop? I barely spoke to him tbh, I mostly just found good equipment and didn't change it up much (there didn't actually seem to be that many tiers of weapons in the game).

I guess it's going through the game at least three times and buying all the equipment I could for the achievements/trophies that did it for me....🤣

it's odd, usually i'd forget how lucky/messy my ketsui 1cc was, but because it was on youtube i felt i needed to do a better run. so have been practicing and did the below, it's still lucky/messy in places but less so than the previous one :)