passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post When You Complete A Game ‘20

AndyKurosaki

• Hendo pinned this topic

Last Day Of June (PC)

This is a Sad Indie (TM) adventure game, with a lovely art style and pretty good story, told entirely without dialog. I got it a while ago as a freebie on the Epic store.

The game starts with your character after a car accident which killed his wife and left him in a wheelchair. He finds he has the ability to go back to the day of the accident via portraits of people that his wife painted, and tries to change things to prevent the accident.

This is the main gameplay element, each portrait gives you control of the person in the painting, and you attempt to change their actions to prevent their part in the accident. Changing that course of events inevitably has knock on events, ending in something else being responsible for your accident, you have to go between the three characters and manipulate things to effect the others.

It's fairly straightforward, and takes about 4 hours or so. It's very well made, and I liked it a lot. 

06/01/20 - Outer Wilds (One X) - Complete 

After a bumpy start ended up thinking it’s a great game. Some genius design and really well made. The time loop stuff really started pissing me off though later and turned from being a non issue to almost making me quit before the end & didnt think it was the masterpiece it’s made out to be & it didn’t effect me the same as others. Think that’s more my issue than the game though, I don’t get quite that same level of satisfaction from exploring and problem solving. 

Speaks volumes I still think as highly as I do about it. Recommended.

8/10

Oh, that’s right I wanted to get back to doing this again. 

01/01/20 - The Legend of Zelda (Switch)

• First quest 100%

05/01/20 - Blazing Chrome (XONE) 

• Easy (Mirror Mode)
  • Normal
  • Hardcore
  • 1000/1000g

On 06/01/2020 at 21:10, mfnick said:

06/01/20 - Outer Wilds (One X) - Complete 

After a bumpy start ended up thinking it’s a great game. Some genius design and really well made. The time loop stuff really started pissing me off though later and turned from being a non issue to almost making me quit before the end & didnt think it was the masterpiece it’s made out to be & it didn’t effect me the same as others. Think that’s more my issue than the game though, I don’t get quite that same level of satisfaction from exploring and problem solving. 

Speaks volumes I still think as highly as I do about it. Recommended.

8/10

Honestly the way you ended with the game isn't far from my experience either. It's intensely frustrating and frankly stupid at some of the more challenging platforming stuff, especially those fucking fish.

But all the same I think it's a lovely construction that people should really give a try, especially if they think there's no room for original ideas anymore in games.

I think I liked the ending better once I got a bit of distance from it and allowed myself to think about it a bit more. At the time I was just annoyed at the bullshit it took to complete that whole sequence. It's very easy to fuck up. Thank god you can pass time at the campfire at the start each loop.

There's a few rough edges here and there you could shave off to make it that 10/10 game. I know they wanted most of all to make a game about space travel and they wanted that feeling of danger. But the more it went into being about skill and less about exploring the more detatched I got. At least until I got really good at controlling the ship and jetpack momentum, but that took a really long time for me.

Anyway it's still mostly excellent but it's got these big problems all the same. I'm glad you stuck with it.

Agreed completely. Those fish and some of the dodgy platforming got really frustrating, especially against the time limit on the “final” run. Having to repeat all the same shit and having to just sit and waste time to even be able to access that warp got really tiresome. Not a isolated case either, a few times I found myself just sitting around waiting or having to constantly repeat stuff. But yea, still really great overall. 

I too find myself looking back more fondly now my frustration at doing it has died down. 

Final Fight

Outer Worlds

The King of Dragons

Gitaroo Man

Yakuza 3 Remaster 

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Death Stranding

GTA V

Goose Gane

Legend of Zelda BotW

The Last of Us

Katamari Damacy Reroll

Last of Us 2

Ghost of Tsushima - Platinum

Borderlands 2

Final Fantasy XII - Zodiac Age

Dragon Quest XI

Astrobot

SpiderMan Miles Morales - Platinum

Knights of the Round

Warriors of Fate

Shadow of the Colossus

Spoiler

01/01/20 - The Legend of Zelda (Switch)

• First quest 100%

05/01/20 - Blazing Chrome (XONE) 

• Easy (Mirror Mode)
  • Normal
  • Hardcore
  • 1000/1000g

21/01/20 - Ori and the Blind Forest (XOne)

• Normal Mode
  • One Life Mode
  • 1250/1250g

24/01/20 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS4)

• Regular Difficulty
  • Veteran Difficulty
  • Platinum

• 2 weeks later...