passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Twin Peaks VR

DANGERMAN

This, unfortunately, looks shit but I'd be delighted to be wrong. 

It's been almost 30 years since Twin Peaks first graced our screens, wrapped in plastic and draped in red, and still another two since David Lynch's masterful third season came to its strange, electrifying conclusion. But the sleepy town with too many secrets still refuses to slip away, and fans will be able to cross its threshold in VR later this month.

The official Twin Peaks VR game was initially announced at the tail-end of last year, and we've heard little of it since. However, series fan site Welcome to Twin Peaks has now secured the first trailer, giving some - although not, it has to be said, much - indication of what's in store.

According to the game's newly revealed Steam page, Twin Peaks VR - which is developed by Collider Games in collaboration with Showtime and David Lynch - will be a puzzle game of sorts, although exactly what form those puzzles will take isn't clear.

What we do know, however, is that it'll feature locations (and a few familiar supernatural entities) from all three seasons of the cult television series, including the Red Room, Twin Peaks' Sheriff's Department, the Glass Box Observation Room, Glastonbury Grove, and more, with Collider Games promising "many Easter Eggs" for series fans along the way.

Twin Peaks VR will be available for Oculus Rift, Vive, and Valve Index when it arrives later this month, with Oculus Quest and PlayStation VR versions to follow.

I would put decent money on you not being wrong

I would really like to see Lynch do what Del Toro was supposed to do for Silent Hills and consult on a VR horror game. I don't think his creative process would fit into something as strict as game development though, he just seems to wing it from what I've seen of behind the scenes on his films.

I really don't need that, I've got all the TV episodes, and I think Fire Walk With Me (I don't think I own Missing Pieces but I've watched it recently), but there's every chance I'll get it if I have the money :facepalm:

and I agree with you @one-armed dwarf theoretically Lynch could make a terrifying game, especially in VR, he does horror better than anyone when he touches on it. But he couldn't possibly stay focused enough to actually make a game

The Blu ray transfer of Twin Peaks (90s original) is extremely good. I didn't realise that it was filmed in, well, film. I think was rare for old TV shows? Looks sharp and has that celluloid grain thing that older movies have. I bet it will look really fucking good in 4k

The new Twin Peaks was kind of bland in comparison, all digital now I think. I don't know if it was filmed 1080 or 4k.

Shame there isnt a version of Fire walks with me which puts the hall fan scene back in the film

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Funnily enough I've just ordered the new series to arrive tomorrow as I still haven't seen it. 

And very tempted to pre-order this due out in January:

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-from-z-to-a-collection/

I've watched the third series twice - it's fabulous (albeit hard going if you're just expecting your favourite characters to reprise their roles from the earlier series).

Personally I would have liked to see the version that was originally 8 episodes. I like Lynch better when he had a fire lit under him (Mulholland dr), not unlimited creative freedom (inland empire)

Not that it was a frictionless process for him but still (the behind the scenes or S3 is pretty interesting)